Repairing Torn Suede Boot

I caught my suede/fleece boots on a nail and ripped a hole in the top part of it. It's a 90 degree rip. Any ideas how to fix this? I haven't had them very long.

By Maile from Onalaska, WA

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

I once embroidered over a hole in some boots it made them, unique. They could at least be used and not trashed.

If it were me, I would put a leather patch behind the tear & glue it to the boot with household cement. Hopefully is won't show much.

I see you are from Onalaska. I live in a rural area too. My daughter who had ridden horses most of her growing up years tore the strap on an expensive purse. She took it to the local man who repairs tack, and he did a beautiful job.

Is there a shoe repair store in your area? I would bring them there and find out if they can repair it for you. Good luck.

Answer

Home and Garden Repair ClothingMarch 17, 2011
Suede Couch
Cleaning Cat Urine From Suede
Woman's Winter Suede Boots
Repairing Bleach Spots on Suede Boots
black cat on microsuede chair
Removing Stains on Micro Suede Furniture
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on May 20, 2016 at 9:59:20 AM on 10.0.2.94 in 742 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.