Easy Bisquick Recipe

Does anyone have an easy recipe for Bisquick?

Thank you.

Christine from Australia

Seems like one has been posted before... This category in the recipes section probably has what you are looking for.

Ah, this looks promising...

Homemade Bisquick

Quick Mix (Bisquick)

8&frac; cups flour

1 tbsp. baking powder

1 tbsp. salt

2 tsp. cream of tartar

1 tsp. baking soda

&frac; cup instant dry milk

Whisk all together, then cut in with pastry cutter

2&frac; cups vegetabke shortening

A subscriber named Paula posted this (hello, Paula, and thank you!). I tried it and it works so well that I haven't bought Bisquick ever since. The only variation that I've implemented is to use half all purpose flour and half whole wheat, for health. Also, I have an old Bisquick recipe from the old box, that I keep in the plastic container, and use this recipe with this mix -- works every time.

8 cups flour (total)

1 1/4 cups nonfat dry milk powder

1/4 cup baking powder

1 Tablespoon salt

2 cups shortening

Combine flour, milk, baking powder, and salt in a very large bowl. Cut in shortening until it resembles cioarse cornmeal. Store in tighly closed covered container in a cool place. Makes about 10 cups.

I am new to this group and I am glad I found it. I have found some very helpful info in the group. I do have a question for the group and I hope someone can help me. Does anyone know how long homemade Bisquick Mix will last? I heard somewhere that it will last 2-3 months but I'm not sure. I usually make up double batches, so I won't run out so often. I just want to make sure that it's still good to use up to 3 months. I haven't noticed any difference in the way it taste or bakes. I store mine in a extra large plastic container that I bought at Walmart. I keep it in my kitchen closet on a shelf. It's to large to keep in the fridge. I would appreciate any help.

Sandy from TN

There seem to be a lot of different recipes for homemade bisquick online. I use the one that doesn't call for cream of tarter or powered milk. It works just as well to me and a lot cheaper to make. Especially for someone on a fixed income, like I am. I live in a small town and my store doesn't have cream of tarter anyway. I also don't have a pastry cutter so I just use my hands and they work just fine but it's a little messy. I will probably break down and buy a pastry cutter soon. If anyone wants the Bisquick Mix recipe that I use it's below.

Have a good evening all.

Homemade Bisquick Mix

8 cups All purpose Flour

1/2 cup baking powder

3 tsp salt

8 tsp sugar(optional)

1 cup shorting

Mix all ingredients and then cut in the shortening, Using pastry blender or(your hands) until it resembles coarse meal. Store in well sealed container in your pantry. Keeps up to 3 months or longer in your refrigerator.

heres something that helps me with recipes.

these are two of the best from what i have found. good luck and have fun!

I would like to know the recipe for banana bread with Bisquick, please.

My mom and aunts were talking about very easy pie recipe found on a back of Bisquick box long time ago. Very simple I can't remember the exact name something like Nofuss Pie? It has coconut in it. You put all ingredient in a pan stir up and bake.

Can anyone help me out with this old recipe with this little information? Thanks

Ok, so, how much do you use at a time? Like your going to use it to make something tonight, how much do you use at a time? Jamish

This is the one I've been using with success for ages. It doesn't have artery clogging shortening. It makes a lot. I store some in my deep freeze.

9 c. all-purpose flour

3/4 c. Canola Oil

1 Tbsp. salt

1/4 c. baking powder

2 c. non-fat dry milk powder

Combine all ingredients and store in a covered container. Not necessary to refrigerate, but for long term storage you can freeze some.

Thank You for your wonderful site. I could not have successful made my dinner without this recipe. Much easy and cheaper than buying nasty boxed bisquick. Thank You.

I hope this is what you're looking for. It's absolutely amazing. Something like my favorite butterscotch brownies.

4 eggs

1 lb brown sugar

1 1/2 cup Bisquick

1 cup coconut

1cup pecans

Bake at 325 for about 1 hour. Check after 45 mins. Check with a knife, and cake should coat knife but not be runny.

Food and Recipes Recipes Convenience MixesDecember 3, 2004
Ingredient Substitutions
Common Ingredient Substitutions
Bisquick Mix Recipe
Homemade Bisquick Mix Recipes
Pastel swirled marshmallows in various shapes.
Making Homemade Marshmallows