House Training a Rabbit

When house training your rabbit goes bad, you probably move your rabbit out of the house, right? Here's a way to successfully house train your bunny. First only let your rabbit romp in one small room. Place a litter box in that room with some of the rabbit's poop in it. Block off electrical wires and small areas that your rabbit can squeeze through. Pick up books and toys and leave a completely clear path for your rabbit.

After a while, give your rabbit more romping room, but leave the floors clear and have no wires around. Place a litter box with your rabbit's poop in it in every room your rabbit will go. If your rabbit pees or poops out of the litter box put white vinegar on the spot where he did. Rabbits hate the smell of vinegar. Give your rabbit treats every time he uses the litter box, and soon you will have a nice house trained bunny!

By Kailey from Elizabeth City, NC

This reminds me of the early 80's when we had a very large white rabbit in the house. He was trained, but he loved electrical wires! When I found my large gray microwave cord chewed through, I was surprise we didn't have a charcoal rabbit.LOL

Merry Christmas Kailey, thanks for the advice, we have a beautiful siamese looking mini lop, we love her and haven't been able to litter train her, so we clean up the floor after her everyday because we can't stand the idea of her having to live in a cage! White vinegar is on my shopping list. Blessings, Natalie

House Training a Rabbit
House Training a Rabbit
Pets Rabbits AdviceDecember 11, 2008
Boxer puppy chewing on a plastic bone.
Training a Boxer Puppy
pug in a crate
Crate Training a Dog
Pug looking guilty.
Training a Dog to Poop on a Training Pad
agility training for your dog
Agility Training for Your Dog