Mozzarella Cheese Stick Recipe

I was wondering if anyone could help me find a good recipe for mozzarella cheese sticks or cheddar cheese balls. I have tried many recipes and they just don't seem to turn out right.

Tiffany from Keokuk, LA

Try freezing the cheese a little bit before you batter them. Works like a charm!

This one is in my Allrecipes cookbook. Sounds good just have not had time to made it yet. It has good reviews.

Rated: 4 out of 5 by 266 members

"Mozzarella sticks are coated in a simple batter and quickly deep fried to golden perfection. Try dipping them in a marinara sauce!"

2 eggs, beaten

1/4 cup water

1 1/2 cups Italian seasoned bread crumbs

1/2 teaspoon garlic salt

2/3 cup all-purpose flour

1/3 cup cornstarch

1 quart oil for deep frying

1 (16 ounce) package

mozzarella cheese sticks

In a small bowl, mix the eggs and water. Mix the bread crumbs and garlic salt in a medium bowl. In a medium bowl, blend the flour and cornstarch. In a large heavy saucepan, heat the oil to 365 degrees F (185 degrees C). One at a time, coat each mozzarella stick in the flour mixture, then the egg mixture, then in the bread crumbs and finally into the oil. Fry until golden brown, about 30 seconds. Remove from heat and drain on paper towels. Yield 8 servings

Use string cheese and a simple batter recipe.

FREEZE the cheese sticks. Heat the oil and get the batter ready BEFORE you take the cheese from the freezer. Only take out as many as you can fry at a time. When the oil is hot, fry them.

Same with fried cheese curds.

I saw this in my Southern Living magazine and looked it up on their website. It's called marinated mozzarella. I haven't tried it yet but plan to this Thanksgiving. Good luck ... =displayRecipe&recipe_id=1665328

The way we made fried Mozzarella Sticks at the restaruant was:

Semi-freeze the cheese sticks

coat them in flour, egg and crushed garlic flavored croutons.

(Re-freeze before frying otherwise the cheese melts in your oil before the sticks get crispy)

if you want a thicker coating repeat the process incl. freezing the sticks

Mozzarella Sticks
Mozzarella Stick Recipes
Food and Recipes Recipes SnacksNovember 4, 2008
Frying Fish Sticks
Homemade Fish Stick Recipes
Ricotta cheese on fig leaves on white plate, with cheese knife.
Freezing Ricotta Cheese
Stick of Butter
How Many Tablespoons in a Stick of Butter?
Chicken Mozzarella
Chicken Mozzarella Recipes