AdviceHealth & Beauty

Are Peppermint Odors Harmful During Pregnancy?

If taking peppermint is not good for pregnant women, would smelling the odor of peppermint (using it to repel mice in home) be dangerous during pregnancy?

By Fairhope from Alabama, Gulf Coast

Anonymous

From what I understand, is it is recommended to not ingest peppermint or use pepperment oil for massage during pregnancy because it can cause contractions. However, inhaling peppermint is safe and helps relieve morning sickness so I would imagine it's safe to smell it in the home while repelling mice ;-)

I just wrote a solution for a lady with mice problems. I don't know if you can go to my post or not so I will copy and paste it here. Get rid of the mice for good. Congrats on your pregnancy! Here's the post I left - easiest thing I ever did! My husband works at an Agway type store. Someone suggested we buy this thing you plug into the electrical outlet. It was about $20 and worth its weight in gold. I am so serious. It sends a pulse through the electrical wiring that mice hear but we do not. The mice have not been in our house since! If your house is big or has two floors, put one on each floor and at either end of the house.

I can not tell you how sick I was of cleaning mice droppings. Disgusting! This is a miracle product that works like it says it will. I wish someone had told me of it years ago. I have spent more on traps than the price of this over the years and had the awful mess of throwing away half dead mice or worse. Try it and let me know what you think. Only get the one that plugs right into the outlet about 2 1/2 inches by 4 inches. On the back it says Global Instruments Ltd. I just went to their website: http://www.global-instruments.com/ End of mice! Yipee

I have never heard that peppermint was unsafe during pregnancy. I used peppermint candy during both my pregnancies to control indigestion - LOTS of it in fact - and never had a problem. I don't think inhaling peppermint is going to do any harm.