Link: Check Database for Noxious Weeds Before Planting

It is up to one and all to prevent noxious weeds from becoming a problem in our areas. I now check the database for noxious weeds in my state so that I may not be guilty of planting them:

Sometimes you must do a little research, but it's well worth the time. Who knew the orange day lily was a pest? I didn't. I have seen them growing wild in my county and never thought anything about it.

I was just looking at the oxeye daisy. I think they're pretty but apparently in the western states, they are considered a pest. I have seen them here in my state, and I am now worried.

Source: www.invasive.org

By Applejack from KY

You have brought up a very good point! I've learned the hard way to check first. Just 'cause it's a pretty plant in a different zone, doesn't mean it's not an awful, regrettable pest where you live.

Weeding the Lettuce Patch
Controlling Weeds In Your Garden
Home and Garden Gardening WeedsNovember 30, 2009
multicolored flowerbed on a lawn
Preventing Weeds in Flower Beds
wisteria on chainlink fence
Dressing up a Chain Link Fence
A nicely planted organic vegetable garden.
Preventing Weeds When Planting Your Garden
Hand picking weeds
Controlling Weeds Organically
🎉
🎄