Finding Someone to Repair a Musical Bear

I have a stuffed bear that when the paw is pressed it sang a song. This no longer works. The batteries have been changed and tested so it is not the batteries. I would like to find someone who can fix this musical feature of the bear. This is not the only one that I have that is broken.

By Barbara from Lakewood Ranch, FL

Hi Barbara,

You might try a jewelry store that does watch repair. We once had a watch repairman at a jewelry store repair a very expensive music box. I hope you can find someone to help you. All the best, Julia in Boca Raton, FL

At craft stores carry the individual musical devices that can be placed in stuffed animals. They come in different tunes. And can be put into the paw of your bear. It might not be the same musical tune as the original, but it would be music.

The device has a little raised button on its top side. When you press the paw of the animal, it activates the music, then it plays the tune.

Sorry I cannot think of the exact name of this little device. But your craft store will know what you are talking about. These little devices are also found in the catalogs for crocheters and knitters. They are designed to go in the little animals, or puppets or whatever. They are not terribly expensive either.

Hope this helps you.

Does the bear still have the makers tag on it? If you can locate the company they may be able to give you a solution to it or send you a replacement. My niece had a talking doll that stopped talking and the company that made it replaced it for free.

Stuffed Easter Bunny
Refurbishing Stuffed Animals
Consumer Advice General AdviceFebruary 11, 2010
Antique Violin
Finding the Value of Antique Violins
patchwork teddy bear
Making a Keepsake Teddy Bear
Air Conditioner Repair
Hiring Someone to Repair an Air Conditioner
Old stuffed bear sitting in front of a rainy window
Cleaning Mildew from a Stuffed Toy