Jade (Labrador Retriever/White German Shepard)

Jade is part Labrador Retriever (mom) and White German Shepard. She will be 2 in December. Jade came to us as a pup bought by my nephew who was moving back home from college. His girlfriend had arranged to pick up a pup and when he got there he realized that males can not say NO to pretty girls holding puppies.

He got one. Took it home and mom (sister-in-law) calmly mentioned that he would be working and she had two dogs and a cat already. No room for a pup. Emailed photos started coming to us with pleas of save the animal before other fates come. I was outvoted by the kids (at the time we were in a job that moved us every few years). She is sweet, came with a name, nearly housebroken, and the kids were right, except when I have the 'pick-up- duty' before cutting the lawn:)

Like most Labs, she likes to run. She is the fastest dog I have ever had and really has "wheels." She absolutely loves other dogs. Of course, digging up flowers (my poor Iris beds within reach of the tie-out) is a hobby of hers. Jade quickly learns 'tricks.' My teenage daughter taught her to "sit pretty", butt on the floor, front legs begging in about 15 minutes. If you say "BANG" and point your hand at her (thumb up, pointing finger like the barrel), she will immediately lay down, feet in the air, head off to one side, dead.

By Pete from Dublin, OH

Pretty black dog.

Jade is a big ham! She is absolutely adorable - I'd take her in a heartbeat, even tho I already have two dogs and a cat. Not really, but she is very huggable, I can tell! She got the strains of two very intelligent breeds, so it's no wonder that she's so easily trained. Give her a big hug and kiss from me, and God bless you. Merry Christmas!

You can tell she knows her picture is being taken. She's beautiful.

Pets Pet PagesDecember 12, 2007
Jade Plant
Repotting a Jade Plant
German Shepherd Mix
German Shepherd Mix Breed Information and Photos
Flowering Jade (Crassula)
Growing Jade (Crassula)
Labrador Retriever Breed Information and Photos