Smoothie Ingredients

Does anyone have any suggestions for what to put in smoothies? I use a normal blender and Soya lite milk. Thanks.

By chickabea from Sydney, Australia

http://www.recipezaar.com/

Type smoothies in the search box!

I like to put the little individual cups of jello in my smoothies before blending. It helps give the smoothies a little body and fluffiness without having to add dairy products like sherbert, and you can use sugar free to reduce sugar. I prefer the full-sugar ones.

1 cup Milk or Soya lite milk in blender to start and add frozen fruit because it makes a better smoothie. I use 1 frozen banana to help give it a creamier texture. I use 1 teaspoon Vanilla or You can use another flavor of your choice. add more milk till it is the way you enjoy it.

if you enjoy richer ones you can add cream.

Take a Ripe banana slice it put on a plate and freezes it till frozen maybe an hour to add to the drink.

If you're looking for a HEALTHY and delicious smoothie, which I drink every morning, here are some things I use [ditch the soy ... only fermented soy is safe to consume despite all the hype about it being a health food. So you can add miso or tofu to it. Nut milks are also very good and nutricious, like almond milk].

My smoothie ingredients [some are basic everyday, others ingredients I vary to avoid a rut!]:

natural pure fruit juice like Bolthouse, Odwalla, etc.

kefir [fermented milk product like yogurt only more drinkable] OR plain yogurt, no sugar added

protein powder

frozen fruit bites [like bananas, peaches, strawberries, etc. I cut them up fresh and freeze them]

honey, raw is best

powdered organic green drink

vitamins/minerals

bee pollen or royal jelly

aloe vera juice

iodine, food grade [everyone is deficient in it]

Once blended I add ice to keep chilled while I enjoy it. To your HEALTH! Marci

My favorite smoothie is easy. One medium banana, an 8oz yogurt (any flavor) and about 1/2 cup orange juice. That's it!

I use soy milk vanilla flavored and mixed fruits(mostly berries) On occasion I used Bolthouse Chai Vanilla soy milk and frozen peaches. You just have to experiment with certain milks and fruits.

My favorite smoothie is a banana (that has been sliced and frozen first), chocolate soy milk, and a squirt of honey.

Anything and everything. I use fresh fruit and one of my favorite things to use is the packaged flavored oatmeal. Don't cook it or prepare it, just dump it in the blender dry. I like the peaches n cream the best. Otherwise just be creative. If you like it, use it. Also try extracts, vanilla, mint, rum..etc. My husband likes coffee smoothies, I just use a powdered cappuccino mix with his favorite coffee flavorings or some vanilla.

Food and Recipes Recipes Beverages SmoothieMay 12, 2009
Colorful Fruit Smoothies
Fruit Smoothie Recipes
Chocolate Banana Smoothie
Chocolate Banana Smoothie Recipes
smoothie in glass
Pineapple Orange Banana Smoothie Recipes
Banana Berry Smoothie
Banana Berry Smoothie Recipes
🎄