Scenery: Jet Stream 9/11 Tribute

My living room and patio face the direction of our small airport here, about fifteen miles away from my home in Richland, so I often see takeoff jet streams from the planes but on Saturday this jet stream was something I have never seen before no matter where I've lived!

This particular jet stream was going up at an extreme angle in the opposite direction from where the takeoff streams usually go here in the Tri Cities and was really, really, really wide! I was fascinated so grabbed my camera for a picture.

Five minutes later the very same jet stream had changed to normal width, with fluff as if protective clouds around it, and going straight up in the air as if to heaven.

It was after I took the second photo that I realized the date was 9/11 and that this jet stream was purposefully made in memory recognition of 9/11! God Bless the pilot and everyone else involved in the making of this tribute! Lest we never forget!

By Deeli

Scenery: Jet Stream 9/11 Tribute

What a beautiful photo Deeli. It would do us Americans good to be reminded of tragedies caused deliberately by people. We need to remember, and be ready to protect our loved ones from ever having such a thing happen again.

Sometimes, the most tragic experiences need the most beautiful reminders...just to help take the curse off if that makes sense. We don't want to spend our lives hating, but we do need to remember.

Thank you for sharing. The day of, and the days following 9/11 were some of the saddest I've ever known. They are right up there with Dec.7, 1941.

Silver dart in a clear blue sky. How could something so beautiful bring such terror?

I think every generation has it's own horrors and for those of us born in 1945 and after this is one of ours. I was an army wife posted to Germany in 1965 and it was a shock to realise that the "monsters" my village had talked about were ordinary people. Just like me. This ,for me, is the most frightening thing of all.

Yes, we should all remember. I can still that young fireman's face. Heroes,weren't they?

Sorry gals, I'm rambling-but the memory still makes me feel sick.

Marg from England.

Lovely photo, Deeli!

Marg .

My whole family sat glued to the TV. All were crying in utter disbelief. It was the most tragic thing that has happened in my lifetime, and I live in fear of history repeating itself. When our very leaders and lawmakers take God out of every part of the most basic threads of our country's history and future, it's definitely something to worry about.

Your photos represents the people who are still remembering all that we lost on 9/11, and all we stand to lose again today or tomorrow or when we least expect it. Thank you for sharing. The photos are beautiful and sad at the same time.

Photos are good reminders. These photos are beautiful and make me remember that day so well. Thanks for sharing with all of us on TF.

Deeli, when the memories of past atrocities fade, that's when we're most vulnerable to having history repeat itself. I can still remember all too well the shock and sick horror of that day. These terrorists keep trying to repeat history, but it hasn't worked...yet. The memory is too fresh in our minds. I pray it never fades.

Deeli, the photos are beautiful and are a tribute to the people who lost the most on 9/11. We have just barely missed a few similar incidents in our country since then, and that should tell us that we need to keep on our toes, and be very careful about everything. Every country should be doing the same thing. Only if we are all diligent can we ever prevent such tragedies.

Thank you for sharing your pictures.

Photos InspirationalSeptember 14, 2010
WetJet Package
Unclogging a Swiffer Wet Jet
Swiffer Wet Jet
Replacing the Bottle on a Swiffer Wet Jet
Whistler Peak
British Columbia Frugal Travel Guide
Swiffer Wet Jet
Changing the Batteries on a Swiffer Wet Jet