Homemade Slimfast Recipe

Does anyone have the recipe for Slimfast? Or something similar.

Slimfast is not good for your body. If you are trying to lose weight there is no miracle drink that will fill you up and give your body the nutrients it needs. The best thing you can do is eat healthy foods in normal portions. If you are looking for an "on the go" alternative for breakfast I would suggest a healthy smoothie with real fruit, nonfat yogurt, and ice.

Slimfast is basically reconstituted powdered milk mixed at twice the amount of powder to water, then whatever flavoring you want, plus vitamins and sometimes fiber.

A meal substitute drink for occassional use can be made by reconstituting powdered milk at twice the amount of milk powder to water. You can add any flavoring you wish. Usually I add whey protein powder. and sometimes a fiber product such as metamucil.

Carnation instant breatfast (or generic equivilant) can be used, mixing with twice the amount of powdered milk, adding anything else you would like. This might make more calories than you care for, but this is the formula we taught our patients to use for a less expensive substitute for Ensure.

Using some yougert, fruit, juice, etc with the basic mix can make quick easy and nutritious meal replacement. I like to use these for a quick breakfast. Most drinks taste better if mixed ahead of time.

Take your multivitamin pill with your drink.

I don't have a recipe..

But SlimFast is not bad for your body. It is simply a meal replacement. It should not be used exclusively but is fine for the purpose it is intended. When my daughter was pregnant and couldn't keep any solid food down, her Dr suggested a Slim Fast or other brand meal replacement drink as an alternative on days she could not keep food down.

My doctor recommended slim fast shakes to me too... I wasn't pregnant but I wouldn't eat breakfast and I would occasionally skip lunch. She said that I was slowly starving myself and that if I don't like to eat breakfast that a slim fast would be beneficial.

Why not make a fresh milkshake, it will only take 2 mins and is full of goodness, drink it through a straw so that you drink it slowly and will fill you up more.

Use milk, a banana and some fresh/frozen berries, blend them together, delicious.

I have always used slim fast or whey protein powder to make my meal replacements.

I do not use this for weight lose I use it for my vitamins and minerals as I do not eat much food to get my nutrient's.

I have a favorite recipe which fills me up and gives me energy and my vitamins I need.Recipe below here.

1cup orange juice ,1/2 cup strawberries ,1 banana,1 scoop of powder.Blend and drink yummy.you can add ice cubes or yogurt or milk.or any kind of berries.

I love my meal replacements.I have drank them for all my life.

My health is fine and I feel great.,and I am not fat.

I just went to a medical conference about weight loss and it is funny that the medical community (dieticians and doctors) does not agree with the post that says that slimfast is not good for your body. It is a way to get an allotted number of calories and nutrients (as opposed to having the client/patient have a 210 claorie candybar 2 meals a day). For some, your simple suggestion of "healthy foods in normal protions" is not so simple. So, next time you decide to comment, try less off the cuff and come in with a little more info. Healthy wieght loss can and does occur with pretty much the model "slimfast" suggests, wieght maintenance is enhanced by one-a-day meal replacement.

chocolate-Banana Cream

1/2 cup skim milk

1/2 cup fatfree or lite chocolate icecream

1/2 medium banana

1 tablespoon chocolate syrup

1-2 ice cubes

Strawberry heaven

1 cup skim milk

1/2 cup fatfree or lite strawberry icecream

1 cup fresh or frozen unsweetened strawberries

1-2 ice cubes

Peach-keen vanilla shake

3/4 cup skim milk

1/2 cup fatfree or lite vanilla ice cream

3/4 cup peaches ,canned in juice

1-2 ice cubes

Pineapple cheese cake shake

1/2 cup low-fat cottage cheese

1 cup skim milk

1/2 cup crushed pineapple,in juice

1 teaspoon sugar

1-2 ice cubes

Shakey apple pie

1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce

1 cup vanilla yogurt

dash cinnamon

2 ice cubes

Nectar of the Gods

1/3 cup apricot nectar

1/2 medium banana,sliced

1 cup plain low fat yogurt

1 teaspoon honey

1-2 ice cubes

Lemony melon Shake

1/2 cup lemon yogurt

1/2 medium banana,sliced

1 cup fresh or frozen honeydew melonballs

1/2 cup skim milk

1-2 ice cubes

Banana cafe

1/2 cup coffee-flovored yogurt

3/4 cup skim milk

1 medium banana

1-2 ice cubes

slimfast

1 - 3 oz box of instant pudding mix

1/3 cup sugar substitute

12 scoops protein powder

6 cups instant dry milk powder

2 teaspoons vanilla powder

Combine all, blend well.

To drink: Blend 1 c. ice water with 1/3 cup mix. Stir well.

Does anyone know how many calories / how. Much far is in this recipe?

Im interested in the recipe from (Mary)above. Just wondering what she means by 12 "scoops" of protein powder. What kind of scoops?

Most of the protein powders come with a scoop. I believe the scoop is the equivalent of about 1.5 tablespoons.

Slim Fast Bottle
Homemade Slim Fast Recipes
Food and Recipes Food Tips DietingJune 18, 2007
Tofu on Plate with White Background
Homemade Tofu Recipes
Ingredient Substitutions
Common Ingredient Substitutions
Pastel swirled marshmallows in various shapes.
Making Homemade Marshmallows
Homemade Softscrub Cleaner Recipe, Photo of cleaning bucket and supplies.
Homemade Softscrub Cleaner Recipe
🎉
🎄