Cleaning Flexible Watch Bands

For those who love their twist-o-flex watch bands, and for those who might have expandable bracelets, this is a life saver.

About once every couple of months, I find my band needs to be stretched and cleaned. I use a soft bristle tooth brush and Dawn water. But, holding it open is a pain so this upside down frosting container is perfect.

Just turn it inside out, pop it over the bottom and wash the grooves inside. Then, turn it right side out and do the same. If your watch is waterproof, you can do the face too and the back.

In less than 2 or 3 minutes, you will have a clean watch. Super Simple! Hope this helps. If you were to look at the inner grooves of your watch band right now, you will see it gets pretty 'grody' in there. This will help.

By Sandi from Yorktown, VA

This is so darn clever! It never ceases to amaze me how many great ideas there are here in our community!

Photos CleaningJanuary 22, 2010
Wrist Watch
Cleaning a Wrist Watch
Hand with Credit Cards
Using a Flexible Spending Account
Jedi's Walking Outside
Making a Jedi Costume
Removing Condensation from Inside a Watch