Ripping Seams Easily

I do a lot of sewing and sometimes make mistakes, resulting in having to rip out seams. While ripping the hem of an old flannel sheet to make pet bed covers, I knew it would take too much time.

I was sitting at my sewing machine and realized that just putting one half of the seam under the presser foot and lowering the needle into the fabric, it would hold one side while I held the other side and used my trusty old razor blade to easily rip the seam. Just keep moving the fabric forward under the needle when needed. This is saving me a lot of time and frustration.

By Pat from Phoenix, AZ

When I was much younger and did a lot of sewing, when I sewed on navy fabric for the seams I used black thread and on black fabric I used navy thread. If I had to rip out part of a seam it was much easier to see, and on the seams it didn't matter.

May I suggest that you invest in a 2.00 seam ripper. Your chances of accidently cutting your fabric are much less.

Crafts SewingMay 23, 2011
Sewing with a sewing machine.
Keeping Seams Together When Sewing
Dog Ripping Paper
Training a Dog to Stop Ripping Paper
Rag Quilt
Rag Quilt Patterns
Photo of a large TV.
Repairing the Roof on an RV or Trailer