Shake and Bake Chicken

I've tried shake and bake chicken in the oven on aluminum foil and I've tried egg and flouring them in the oven on a cookie sheet but not one time have I had it come out crispy and brown without it sticking to the pan. Does anyone have any advice?

Hi, I'd say you need to spray some non-stick cooking spray to the foil before putting the chicken on it. Best of luck!

Reynolds makes foil with non-stick coating already on it called "Release". I love it and use it each time I bake chicken.

I have two methods that work well for me. One is a small metal cooling rack that I set on a cookie sheet.Place a sheet of foil under the rack for easy cleanup. If you don't have or cannot find such a rack, here is the other solution. Take a sheet of aluminum foil just a little larger than your pan. Crumple the foil, then carefully spread it back out to fit the pan..don't smooth it. The wrinkles are just enough to keep your meat from sticking to the foil.

Harlean from Arkansas

I place a sheet of foil on a cookie sheet. Then I place a wire rack (like the kind you use to cool cookies) on top of the foil. Spray with non-stick cooking oil, then place chicken on rack. Bake per instructions.

Food and Recipes Recipes PoultrySeptember 16, 2005
Candy Shake
Candy Shake Recipes
Chicken a la King in puff pastry shell
Chicken A' La King Recipes
Homemade Shake n Bake
Homemade Shake 'n Bake Recipes
Cute Little Girl in Chicken Costume
Making a Chicken Costume