Grainy Fudge

I would like to know how to make smooth and not grainy fudge. Please help.

By Carol from Australia

Answers

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

Best Answer

There is no way to salvage the fudge you made, at least that I know of. There may be many reasons that your fudge turned out grainy. The sugar may be old. If this is so, make sure you have fresh supplies when you make fudge. The fudge may not have reached the correct temperature is another reason. If it doesn't the sugar isn't melted. The fudge may have gotten too hot. If this happens the fudge will turn out grainy too. I always, always use a candy thermometer to make fudge. If I don't it usually doesn't turn out right and I make and have made a lot of fudge. I used to work for a sweet shop and we made fudge all of the time. If the weather is wet it will also sometimes affect the fudge. As you see, there are many factors that can effect it.

Chocolate fudge with nuts on a white plate on red plaid tablecloth.
Preventing Grainy Fudge
Food and Recipes Food Tips Food FixesApril 18, 2011
Easy Fudge Recipes
Easy Fudge Recipes
Peanut butter fudge made with cake frosting and peanut butter.
Cake Frosting Fudge Recipes
Microwave Fudge Recipes
Microwave Fudge Recipes
Old-Fashioned Chocolate Fudge
Old-Fashioned Chocolate Fudge Recipes
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 15, 2017 at 3:29:25 PM on 10.0.2.236 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.