Have a "Grandmother" Baby Shower

I was recently invited to a "Grandmother Baby Shower" for a friend who was expecting her first grandchild. The idea of the shower is to give the grandparent useful things to have at "her" house.

I had purchased this wagon several years ago because I thought it was so cute. I decided to make it a place to hold diaper and bath items; wipes, baby oil, baby head to toe wash, baby q-tips, and cotton balls. The baby came two days before the day of the shower. So having found out the child's name, I used some plastic stick on letters and put the child's name on the side of the wagon.

I also put in a baby boy motif picture frame, baby bib, bottle brush and wrapped a silver infant feeding spoon. Oops, I almost forgot, I put in a package of rubber furniture cups to make the wagon stationary on top of a chest/changing table.

When the child gets a little older, he can use the wagon as his first "little red wagon" It was truly a real wagon. The handle is covered by all the things in the wagon. I then placed it into a large gift bag but had the grandparent pull the wagon out with the name facing her. She was thrilled!

As you can see, it turned out to be quite precious! I am going to be on the lookout for another one to keep here for the next baby shower.

By Southeastgeorgiapeach from Jesup, GA

That is a cute idea. My cousin is hoping to be a grand mother with in the year. I'll have to keep that gift in mind. When my one friend was expecting twin grand babies I made her a tied baby quilt for each one,diapers, powder, nursery rhymes book, baby wipes,etc. Two of everything. I think she really enjoyed it. Your gift is nice because the wagon can be used instead of a box for all the items.

Absolutely the most brilliant idea I have seen in a long time. Keep it up. You should have your own site.

Very cute idea. Thanks for sharing.

This is a darling idea.

What an awesome idea! I"m a first time to be grandma. To bad you can't throw your own parties. LOL

Holidays and Parties Parties Baby Shower AdviceMay 14, 2009
Baby Shower Cookies
Baby Shower Favor Ideas
Shower Enclosure
Cleaning a Shower Enclosure
Decorations and food on a table at a baby shower.
Baby Shower Ideas
People attending a baby shower.
Saving Money on a Baby Shower
🎉
🎄