Mesh Soap Saver Ball

Years ago my friend's mom had a soap saver that was made of a metal mesh ball (as if two strainers were put face to face) on a wooden handle in which soap scraps were inserted. The Soap Saver Ball was swished through a basin of hot/warm water to create a sudsy soap bath used for washing dishes and small laundry items. Has anyone seen one of these?

Tom from Buffalo, NY

I wonder if a loose tea "ball" might work. You can find them in the kitchen gadgets.

I have a loose tea ball that came from a health food store also. It was a little over a dollar. My grandmother used to save little bits of soap and make new soap with it by melting it together and when it's melted, bring to a boil and pour into a butter mold and let set up. I guess you could use anything that you could push it out of or shake it out without breaking. I still have the mold that she used. I haven't done it in a while, but need to start again.

I have a tea ball that really isn't a ball, but something like what you've described. It's kind of like two strainers and when you squeeze the metal handle, the sides open up to either add or empty loose tea. I'm not sure where I found it, but it was a store that carried loose tea balls, kitchen stuff and such.

I looked on ebay for just what you described and found several active and completed auctions. They went for about 20 dollars, give or take. There are all types, apparently. Bid on one there, or just take 2 dollar store tea strainers of the size you want and rubber band them together with the soap. Good luck.

Susan in Omaha

I make soap saver's from cotton, they double as scurbbers if you are interested.

Consumer Advice Product FinderFebruary 24, 2009
Hand washing shower wall
Removing Soap Scum from Shower Doors
Woman Holding Up Shirt With Iron Burn
Wrinkle Free Clothes Without Ironing
Oranges in Mesh Bag
Uses for Mesh Orange Bags
Neatly Wrapped Homemade Soap
Packaging Homemade Soap for Sale
🎄
🍂
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on November 21, 2016 at 9:59:00 AM on 10.0.0.251 in 960 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.