Upcycled Plastic Bag Saver

Category Containers
Here is one idea for making a plastic bag saver using the sleeve from a man's shirt. Repurposing and reusing all in one. This is a guide about making an upcycled plastic bag saver.

This is a great way to keep those plastic bags near by but contained. Use a large men's shirt sleeve!

Approximate Time: 1/2 hour

Instructions:

1. Cut the sleeve off the shirt as high as possible and hem the end, about a 3/4 inch hem. Leave an opening in the hem for inserting the plastic strip.
  2. Cut the whipped topping bowl into about 1/2 inch wide strip. Round the short ends. Now you are ready to feed it through the hem, it should push through easily.

3. Next you will cut a slit about 1 inch from the end halfway up and on the other end half way down, this way they can intersect with each other and it keeps the plastic in a full circle.
  4. All you need is to complete sewing the hem up and attach a small loop for hanging.
  5. The bags will fall down into the sleeve cuff and you add new ones in at the top. I turned the cuff up after I buttoned it. Mine hangs in my pantry, it's so handy when I need a bag.

By NoRulesArt from sunny FL

What a great idea! Thanks for sharing.
    Sheila

Tissue box works great. I keep it on top of fridge so when I have a grocery sack I stuff it in there. I try to use my recyclable bags when I remember so have less and less of the single use plastic bags these days.