Upcycled Plastic Bag Saver
Here is one idea for making a plastic bag saver using the sleeve from a man's shirt. Repurposing and reusing all in one. This is a page about making an upcycled plastic bag saver.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
This is a great way to keep those plastic bags near by but contained. Use a large men's shirt sleeve!
Approximate Time: 1/2 hour
- men's long sleeve shirt
- sewing machine
- whipped topping container 8 oz.
- Cut the sleeve off the shirt as high as possible and hem the end, about a 3/4 inch hem. Leave an opening in the hem for inserting the plastic strip.
- Cut the whipped topping bowl into about 1/2 inch wide strip. Round the short ends. Now you are ready to feed it through the hem, it should push through easily.
- Next you will cut a slit about 1 inch from the end halfway up and on the other end half way down, this way they can intersect with each other and it keeps the plastic in a full circle.
- All you need is to complete sewing the hem up and attach a small loop for hanging.
- The bags will fall down into the sleeve cuff and you add new ones in at the top. I turned the cuff up after I buttoned it. Mine hangs in my pantry, it's so handy when I need a bag.
By NoRulesArt from sunny FL
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.