Upcycled Plastic Bag Saver

Plastic bag holder made from a shirt sleeve.This is a great way to keep those plastic bags near by but contained. Use a large men's shirt sleeve!

Approximate Time: 1/2 hour

Instructions:

1. Cut the sleeve off the shirt as high as possible and hem the end, about a 3/4 inch hem. Leave an opening in the hem for inserting the plastic strip.
  2. Cut the whipped topping bowl into about 1/2 inch wide strip. Round the short ends. Now you are ready to feed it through the hem, it should push through easily.
  3. Cut up whipped topping container.

4. Next you will cut a slit about 1 inch from the end halfway up and on the other end half way down, this way they can intersect with each other and it keeps the plastic in a full circle.
  5. All you need is to complete sewing the hem up and attach a small loop for hanging.
  6. The bags will fall down into the sleeve cuff and you add new ones in at the top. I turned the cuff up after I buttoned it. Mine hangs in my pantry, it's so handy when I need a bag.

By NoRulesArt from sunny FL

In These Pages
Crafts Recycled Crafts ContainersMarch 15, 2017
🌻
🐛
👔
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Upcycled-Plastic-Bag-Saver.html