Upcycled Plastic Bag Saver

This is a great way to keep those plastic bags near by but contained. Use a large men's shirt sleeve!

Approximate Time: 1/2 hour

• men's long sleeve shirt
  • sewing machine
  • whipped topping container 8 oz.
  • scissors

Instructions:

1. Cut the sleeve off the shirt as high as possible and hem the end, about a 3/4 inch hem. Leave an opening in the hem for inserting the plastic strip.
  2. Cut the whipped topping bowl into about 1/2 inch wide strip. Round the short ends. Now you are ready to feed it through the hem, it should push through easily.
  3. Ad

4. Next you will cut a slit about 1 inch from the end halfway up and on the other end half way down, this way they can intersect with each other and it keeps the plastic in a full circle.
  5. All you need is to complete sewing the hem up and attach a small loop for hanging.
  6. The bags will fall down into the sleeve cuff and you add new ones in at the top. I turned the cuff up after I buttoned it. Mine hangs in my pantry, it's so handy when I need a bag.

By NoRulesArt from sunny FL

What a great idea! Thanks for sharing.
Sheila

Tissue box works great. I keep it on top of fridge so when I have a grocery sack I stuff it in there.

I try to use my recyclable bags when I remember so have less and less of the single use plastic bags these days.