ElectricalHome

I plugged in the vacuum and the power stopped working.

I plugged in the vacuum and the power stopped. I checked all the outlets and fuses are good. I tightened wires on 4 outlets, 2 switches, panel box, and 2 junction boxes in attic for 4 ceiling fans. The tester shows I have power coming to outlets, but not enough to run anything. I haven't added anything new onto circuit. Never had any problems before on this circuit. 100 amp service with fuses. Tester reads Hot-ground reversed.

Thanks,
Pat from NY

Answers

Maybe the electric company is sending out just enough to sustain the house due to the overwhelming heat going on. They are on overload with the heat wave. Just a guess.