Robot Vacuum (Roomba) Reviews

Category Cleaning
Robot Vacuum
A vacuum that moves under its own power as it cleans floors, and returns to its charging station when low on power. This is a guide about robot vacuum (Romba) reviews.

Product: Roomba vacuum

Model: Discovery

Manufacturer: iRobot

My husband got me the Roomba 6 years ago, because I have a very bad back and vacuuming hurt me so bad it would take me 4 days to do our house (2000 sq ft). Ever since the first time I used it, I have been thrilled with it. It does an even better job than my big vacuum does, gets along the walls beautifully and under most furniture where my big one won't go at all.

The virtual walls that come with it keep it confined to the area I want it to clean. And best of all I don't have to do anything other than set up the virtual walls and use the remote to get the Roomba going. I can either go about doing other things while it does my vacuuming for me, or what I usually do is start it just before I go to bed and it works while I sleep.

Then in the morning I only have to pick up the virtual walls. The Roomba puts itself back on the charger. My pets didn't have a bit of trouble getting used to it. Now when I start it, my dogs know to gather up their toys and move them to a different room. I love my Roomba. And I'm looking forward to getting a Scooba to mop my kitchen floor for me, too.

By Cricketnc from Parkton, NC

This is a warning about using a Roomba when you own a pet. My son's friend programmed his Roomba to run while he was at work. He also owns a four-year dog. His dog was completely housebroken and has never had an "accident" in his house except for this one time. Sometime before the Roomba was programmed to run, his dog became sick and had diarrhea. Roomba spread it throughout the two carpeted rooms. It ruined the Roomba. He had a big surprise and big mess to clean up when he got home from work.

By mkymlp from Northeast PA

What is a Roomba?

By Emocrip from Limon, CO

Answer Was this helpful? 1

http://store.ir  Google%20-%20K70

Robotic vacuum.

It's a small round vacuum you put on the floor and turn it on and it vacuums the room by itself.

And they are expensive and for lazy or very busy people!

I'm sure that they are also used by people with physical limitations or disabilities.

We love our Roomba. He is scheduled to vacuum every day at 10:00 am. Romo turns himself on and vacuums our living room, family room, and kitchen and then returns to the docking station to recharge. Most seem to give their Roombas a name. We call ours Romo because he is short and round and roams all over to do our vacuuming.

I had my first Roomba for about 6 years. Upgraded to a newer one in 2010. I couldn't do without it. I have a bad back and also a bad foot so using a regular vacuum to do the floors just about killed me. Now I have it scheduled to run every night while I sleep and I never have to worry about my carpets being dirty.

I've heard some people say that they don't trust them around their pets. I have 2 small dogs and a cat. The dogs have learned that when it starts they have to gather up whatever toys they've pulled out since I put them away and move them to another room. The cat has a ball playing with the Roomba. He chases it and leaps over it and has a ball!

No it's not just for disabled or lazy people. It's also worth its weight in gold for busy people too. Anyone who works outside the home, a mom who spends all day chasing kids, or just someone who is busy with some other aspect of living and would like to have one less thing to have to do for housecleaniing.

Oh and how good does it work? It cleans the carpets just as well, if not better than my upright vacuum did. For that matter my upright finally bit the dust this past year and I have no intention of replacing it. I'm sticking with my Roomba! I keep a stick vac for the small, quick "picker-uppers" that come up, such as a little bit of spilled something. Other than that, Roomba does it all for me.

Will a Robotic rug cleaner clean a vinyl floor?

Mary from Grapeview, WA

Answer Was this helpful? 1

If you are talking about that little round thingy that goes all over the place all by itself yes they will. My upstairs neighbor has one and he goes from hardwood to vinyl, even makes his way across the divide between the two areas.

I have one. It will clean carpet and all floors. It takes a long time though and may not clean all the spots. I gave up on mine and went back to vacume and broom

aw

If you are talking about the Rhoomba, it will. I have one. I dont use it. You have to move all the furniture first so it can get around. It isnt good for carpeting, but hardwood or vinyl its ok. It works about as well as one of those mechanical push cleaners that have the brushes. It doesnt have strong suction like a vacuum. But it is good if you want to clean under your bed.

I dearly LOVE my Swiffer as it goes anywhere I want and I dont need to vacuum. I use a wet wipe on the bottom of the pole. So I am saying, save your money and buy a Swiffer. (smile)

I have a Roomba and love it. My big vacuum recently bit the dust and I have no plans on replacing it. For Carol in PA, if yours isn't doing a good job on your carpets, you may have a faulty one and should contact iRobot. They are the most customer friendly people I have ever dealt wiith and will do whatever it takes to make you happy with their product.

As for using it on hard floors though, I have, and did not have to move anything around at all. It did a fairly good job, but I will say that the Roomba didn't do as good there as I had hoped. I use a stick vacuum to vacuum the kitchen then a Shark Steam mop to clean it good.

For the carpets tho, my Roomba is excellent.

Has anyone tried the Roomba on a brick floor?

abc8xyz

I haven't used mine on a brick floor, I don't think it would work because of the vally's. But I love, love, love mine on my kitchen floor. It is one of the best Christmas presents I have ever ask for, hahahaha. kddid