Canister Vacuum Cleaner Reviews

Many consumers like to use a canister style vacuum, especially if they do not have carpets throughout the house. Finding a good one is aided by reading reviews by owners of models you are interested in or for finding brands you have not considered. This guide contains canister vacuum cleaner reviews.

I need to buy a canister vacuum with cleaning attachments. I'd appreciate hearing about brands that you've had good results with. Thank you!

By Carly K

Answers

Best Answer

I have an older Kenmore canister. Love it! It has given me many years of good use.

Best Answer

Dirt Devil Breeze is the best vacuum cleaner I have ever owned. I bought mine about 10 years ago at Meijer and paid $69.00 for it. Worth every penny.

Best Answer

I just purchased a RICCAR about 1 yr ago and although mine's an upright, I love it. They are a little more expensive than other brands, such as Hooker, Eureka, etc., but very well made an made in the USA. Like I said, mine's an upright, but I'm sure they also make a canister model. I also bought mine from a locally owned dealer in Ohio. You might want to look them up www.riccar.com (?) to see who in your area carries them. I don't think the big box stores carry them. Hope this helps.

Any suggestions on canister vacs that work well on carpet or bare floors? I would like to purchase a dependable one at a good price! I prefer one that is light.

Thanks,
Lisa from Fayetteville, GA

Answers

Best Answer

We have birds, cats, and dogs as pets and a concrete floor in our house. Top that off with the fact that I keep horses in my back pasture and am constantly tracking in mud, hay, etc. Seed and pieces of wood from the the birds' toys richochete like crazy in most vacuum cleaners making double-duty on the cleaning! So I've tried QUITE a few! The one that I found worked the absolute best while being extraordinarily comfortable is the Magic Blue by Kenmore (Sears). The only reason I don't use one now is because I needed something with more bag capacity because we really do have an inordinate amount of stuff to vacuum daily. However, a house with a normal number of pets or even kid messes would be handled easily by the bag. To save money, buy the bags bulk on ebay or online.

The vacuum has adjustable suction power, an adjustable height handle (so no stooping over), awesome suction power that did NOT lose strength (unlike most other vacs I've tried), etc etc. Second best is the one I'm using now which is a Bissell Lift Off Revolution Deluxe. It's not a canister, but you can use it like one (and I always do). It's bagless, very filtered, hasn't lost suction power yet (amazing here as birds are very dusty). See, it comes with a hose that you unhook at the back and put the (included) canister vac-type stick and floor tool on. It really is a great vacuum.