Canister Vacuum Cleaner Reviews

I need to buy a canister vacuum with cleaning attachments. I'd appreciate hearing about brands that you've had good results with. Thank you!

By Carly K

Best Answer

I have an older Kenmore canister. Love it! It has given me many years of good use.

My mom had hardwood floor put in last year, and purchased a Hoover Floor Mate. She LOVES it. It does vacuum and mop features. My mum can't get down on floor to scrub/mop b/c of bad knees. So it is great.

Canister vacuum cleaners work really well for people who have carpeting or do not have carpeting, plus vacuum alot of other areas. These areas of the house could be floors, furniture, walls, under beds,in corners, etc. They are not just vacuuming the carpeting. A canister is really not that hard. If you were a person who really just vacuums the carpeting, while occasionally vacuuming furniture, then an upright with onboard tools would feel comfortable for you.

Look at vacuuming the floor. Using an upright requires you to move the whole vacuum around the floor. It is going to be more difficult to go under or in between table legs. A canister is much easier, because you can put the floor brush on the end of the wands and clean the floor; moving around the room and in between table legs. The floor brush can be moved about faster and easier. Also, the majority of the weight is in the canister that is sitting behind you.

The canister does not need to bump into everything if the user is watching what he or she is doing. I hardly ever bump into anything. Most vacuum cleaners come with bumpers anyway.

The canister does not need to be lifted all of the time. You lift it when you get it out or put it away, lift it up and down stairs,etc. Wheels were put on vacuum cleaners, so they could be moved about much easier than carrying them. At one time, when canister and tanks were young, there were no wheels on them. Tank vacuums had skids and canister vacuums had to be lifted when you wanted to move it.

More and more canister vacuum cleaners are coming with rubber wheels. You will just have to find out which ones have them. I can name a few brands that have models with soft wheels like Miele, Bosch, Simplicity, Riccar Hoover, Panasonic, Kenmore, Filter Queen. These are just a few.

Canister Vacuum Cleaner Reviews By Getcleaningdone

Best Answer

Dirt Devil Breeze is the best vacuum cleaner I have ever owned. I bought mine about 10 years ago at Meijer and paid $69.00 for it. Worth every penny.

Best Answer

I just purchased a RICCAR about 1 yr ago and although mine's an upright, I love it. They are a little more expensive than other brands, such as Hooker, Eureka, etc., but very well made an made in the USA. Like I said, mine's an upright, but I'm sure they also make a canister model.

I also bought mine from a locally owned dealer in Ohio. You might want to look them up www.riccar.com (?) to see who in your area carries them. I don't think the big box stores carry them. Hope this helps.

Kenmore 81614 Canister Vacuum Cleaner Review This excellent vacuum is both pet friendly and wallet friendly

Quirks aside, if you liked Kenmore's canister vacuums in the past, you should love the 81614. This new Kenmore vacuum does as advertised, cleaning everything from bare floors to upholstery.

It is a good choice for a consumer who wants a traditional vacuum that's flexible for cleaning multiple surfaces. It does a great job picking up dirt and debris, and it costs less than its higher-end competitors.

While we wish Kenmore had fixed some of our longstanding complaints, we're glad the company didn't make any drastic changes. When it comes to vacuums, Kenmore remains a great value.