Canister Vacuum Cleaner Reviews

I need to buy a canister vacuum with cleaning attachments. I'd appreciate hearing about brands that you've had good results with. Thank you!

By Carly K

Best Answer

I have an older Kenmore canister. Love it! It has given me many years of good use.

My mom had hardwood floor put in last year, and purchased a Hoover Floor Mate. She LOVES it. It does vacuum and mop features. My mum can't get down on floor to scrub/mop b/c of bad knees. So it is great.

Best Answer

Dirt Devil Breeze is the best vacuum cleaner I have ever owned. I bought mine about 10 years ago at Meijer and paid $69.00 for it. Worth every penny.

Best Answer

I just purchased a RICCAR about 1 yr ago and although mine's an upright, I love it. They are a little more expensive than other brands, such as Hooker, Eureka, etc., but very well made an made in the USA. Like I said, mine's an upright, but I'm sure they also make a canister model.

I also bought mine from a locally owned dealer in Ohio. You might want to look them up www.riccar.com (?) to see who in your area carries them. I don't think the big box stores carry them. Hope this helps.

Kenmore 81614 Canister Vacuum Cleaner Review This excellent vacuum is both pet friendly and wallet friendly

Quirks aside, if you liked Kenmore's canister vacuums in the past, you should love the 81614. This new Kenmore vacuum does as advertised, cleaning everything from bare floors to upholstery.

It is a good choice for a consumer who wants a traditional vacuum that's flexible for cleaning multiple surfaces. It does a great job picking up dirt and debris, and it costs less than its higher-end competitors.

While we wish Kenmore had fixed some of our longstanding complaints, we're glad the company didn't make any drastic changes. When it comes to vacuums, Kenmore remains a great value.