Vacuum Cleaner Product Reviews

There are a number of important considerations when purchasing a vacuum, and it helps to have other people's experienced opinions. This is a guide about vacuum cleaner product reviews.

Product: Dyson Canister Vacuum

Model: DC 23 Turbine Head

Manufacturer: Dyson

Cost: $234.50

I have bought the Upright Ball Animal Dyson vacuums for myself and as a gift for my daughter in the past. I love Dyson, that is until this fiasco.

The Dyson DC 23 Turbine Head was on sale - it's normally $399.00 and I got it for $234.50, which is about $234.00 overpriced. What a huge disappointment. No suction at all. I mean you have to go over a spot or cat hair (forget cat hair) several times and it still has no success.

After my other experience with Dyson vacuums this is a huge, huge letdown and would advise others not to believe the ads or waste their money.

By Sandra from Amesbury, MA

Product: Vacuum Cleaner

Model: Bissell Cleanview 11 (Bagless)

Manufacturer: Bissell

Cost: $89 plus tax at K Mart

I love this vacuum. I have a Kirby that went out, and I got tired of repairing it each time because it always cost me $24.00 to repair. I am so proud of this vacuum. I have lots of animals and it gets all the hair up.

I was worried it wouldn't be very good, but wow was I surprised! I give it a 5 star rating!

That with my Wondermop and Swiffer that I make my own Swiffer pads for and cleaner is all I need to keep my carpets and floors clean!

By Robyn from Hampton, TN

Model: Breeze Vision Canister

Manufacturer: Dirt Devil

Cost: $81.54

I have laminate floors, a cat, and grandchildren. I used to use a Swiffer and it did an OK job, but I got tired of washing the pads and buying new ones because I feel the pads don't get clean enough.

I bought the Dirt Devil Breeze Vision Canister and WOW what a difference. My laminate floor and kitchen floor are dirt and dust free. It has a HEPA filter that holds the dust. I'm allergic to the cat and I can tell a difference since I started using the Breeze. While I'm vacuuming the floor, I vacuum the couch and chairs also to remove the crumbs left by my grandchildren (I believe my husband contributes also).

I bought the Breeze at Walmart.com as it's not available in the store. Walmart has free shipping site to store. I paid about $85.00 pre-tax. I did a Bing comparison price search and it listed the price as $95.54. The Walmart site as of today is $81.54, so maybe it's on sale.

The Breeze is not good at all on my bedrooms' raised fiber carpet, but I have two large oriental type rugs and I've found that if you use a stroke coming towards you (not back and forth) it works great. The Breeze is worth every penny.

By Granny2889 from near Charlotte, NC

This is a guide about cordless stick vacuums reviews. For some cleaning jobs a cordless stick vac is the perfect tool. Choosing the best one for the money will help ensure your satisfaction with your purchase.

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

My tip is to go right out and buy the Hoover Z Bagless Upright! I just got it and I love it. I has a super long cord so I can go so much further without unplugging...

What is the best upright vacuum cleaner? One that uses bags and also bagless styles.

By beechiegirl1953 from Fair Oaks Ranch, TX

Answers

I bought a bagless Bissell at Walmart and it is the best one I have ever had. has the hose and attachments also and cost 47.something. I had one of the Kirbys and just too heavy to use but is good. I had one of the ones can't think of the name of it and they give you a iron with it cost over 300.

and it was the worst one I have ever had. Sold it for 5.00; This Bissell is light weight goes over carpet easily picks up dog hairs and sand and grit from the outside. I have 3 dogs and live in the country. It is a great vacuum and doesn't cost an arm and leg either.

I agree with Mary! I have the Bissell bagless from walmart and so does my Mom. We both love it! Yea I think I paid 46-something about 5 years ago, best one I've ever had too. As long as you keep your filter clean
(I just bang mine out outside on a hard surface) it will last you!

The Dyson pet one. Amazing! To clean it (like the wheel that my long hair pieces get wrapped around) is a cinch!

Well worth the money.

I have the Dyson Animal, and really dislike it. It will take up anything, but it is an ergonomic nightmare. Very uncomfortable to hold attatchments, etc. Which ever you choose, really make a point of playing with it at the store. See how easily the attachments are to put on and remove, plus use. I must confess I miss my old Kenmore canister!

I am looking for a really dependable, sturdy vacuum. We have a baby and a pug (read heavy shedder). I hate to spend money on a a vacuum until I have some suggestions. Does anyone know how good a Dyson is? Is is worth the extra money to get the pet hair model? Thanks...

Sheila from Garland, TX

Answers

By Appliance Sensei. (Guest Post)

Hello,

I have plenty of experience with Dyson, and I can tell you they're extremely reliable. Expensive, but reliable. There's not too much difference from each model, and any of the DC or Animal line should do.

If you'relooking for cheap and effective, the Hoover Tempo Widepath retails for about 70 bucks online, and if you have pets and willing to spend a little more money you can go with a Bissell Pet Liftoff or a Hoover Windtunnel.

I have some reviews on my site, and think you might find it useful.

Sincerely,
http://vacuumsensei.com

I got so tired of spending money on vacuum cleaners that would break after a year or so. I went out and bought a sweeper. One that has a long handle like a broom and is flat and is not electrical. I am so happy with mine. I even use it on my laminate floors and it does not damage them since the brush is not automatic. Good luck!!

By Granny Marcia (Guest Post)

I vote for Dyson as well. I love mine. I swear if the house was on fire I'd go for it before my jewelry. There has not been a person that I am aware of that has been sorry they purchased one.

There is a built in filter that needs to be cleaned regularly (see instruction manual). The air is sweet smelling and it does GREAT to pick up the pet hair from my little dog. My house doesn't smell like a pet at all. I joke that we could make a clone from the amount of pet hair it picks up.

You will likely feel very dirty and filthy after using a Dyson. I believe it sucks up the core of the earth right through the foundation of the house. It is unbelieveable the amount of crud it can find. You'll love the super long electric cord and hose for wand cleaning. I think you have about an 18' reach with the wand and crevice tool extended.

I have seen loads of deals in the past month. Keep your eyes peeled for a deal now that the holidays are coming. You should find a great deal soon. So far both Target (pink model) and Best Buy have offered a $100 gift certificate back with the purchase of a Dyson.

Join the Dyson Divas. You won't be sorry.
Granny

I love my Dyson too! I got one off of ebay about 2 years ago and it is going strong. It is the best vacuum I have ever used. The best part about is that you can take the whole thing apart and run it through the dishwasher to really get it clean.

Jess

I have cats, a dog and a dozen grandkids. An Oreck vacuum is fantastic!! I've had mine now for almost 10 yrs and would buy another if I ever need to. They're a bit spendy, but sometimes you can get a reconditioned one from the company for half price. Also, they're very light weight and easy to handle!

By Lisa (Guest Post)

I have a Sebo. They are not found at the big box stores, but the smaller specialized stores. I chose it because it is frequently used for commercial use at schools and hospitals marketed under commercial names. Unlike the "hoover" types that are built for a 5 year life span, this vacuum is built to last a minimum of 25 years. The belts are good forever as well. My selling point was the detachable wand is separate from the handle, and had its own handle that was hard plastic and I didn't have to bend down to "edge" my carpet. They are pricey, but so are dysons. It isn't self propelled but it auto lowers to your floor and it seems like it self propels itself. It has done an excellent job on my white berber and is easy to use.

I agree with Granny above. My animal Dyson is the best. You do have to keep it clean, even cleaning out the turbine part periodically. You will be shocked at the amount of hair and dirt it picks up. I have a cat and a Golden Retriever, so I have a lot of hair too. I bought mine 2 yrs ago on Amazon.com for a great price. The only thing I'm not crazy about it is that I find the attachments somewhat difficult to use.

I always check the consumer reports website before buying anything. You do have to subscribe ($15 per year I think) but it is worth every penny and I know it saves me a ton of money per year. With the subscription you get access to the last
five years( I think) of research. Because they are funded by subscriptions to magazine and website and not product sponsors you can trust that you are getting reliable info on everything from vacuums to cars. I bought my Eureka Boss Smart Vac a few years ago based on their vacuum study that year and I love it.

I have an Oreck and like it a lot. It really gets up the pet hair and is very light, it just glides across the rug. I also have a lot of hard wood floors and I use a shop vac for them. Its the best for doing an all around job from cleaning the floors to getting into nooks and crannies, window sills, .molding and cobwebs

I bought 2 a couple of years ago, a Shop vac canister, 5 gallon, 2 hp, and a Eureka Boss Smart Vac upright. Both were recommended by Consumer Reports, and I am very pleased with both. I sometimes use the shop vac as a regular vacuum, and it has held up well. Ths Eureka needs replacement bags, the Shop vac does not. You just wash the cloth filter.

I am handicapped in a motorized chair. I have been thinking of getting the Dyson Digital Slim vacuum. It has been advertized on TV a lot recently. It is cordless and looks easier to handle. I cannot handle a standard vacuum. I would like to know if anyone has one of the "slim" ones or has used one. It is expensive, but I have money put aside for it. What do you think of this model?

By Linda from Bloomington, IL

What is the best hand held vacuum for thick carpeted steps?

Donna

Answers

By Lrrn567 (Guest Post)

I don't have an answer to what is best but stay away from the Oreck. I bought one online and it's junk. I paid 39.

I have an old Dirt Devil and it works great. I've probably had it for about 16 years.

I have an Electrolux I bouight at a garage sale and I'll bet its 30 years old. It still has awesome power and sucks up everything.

I researched all the major brands on the internet and found the following hand held vacuum was rated the best:

Dirt Devil MO100

Everyone seems to rave over the Dyson vacuum cleaners. I find it to be too expensive to ask for as a bridal shower gift. What light weight vacuums do you recommend for pet hair and steam? My floors are wood, carpet and tile. Please help!

Kayla

Answers

Some one wrote a review on the Dyson Vacuum. You might like to read it.

http://reviews.  0000000001303022

Bissell quicksteam is a great lightweight machine that cleans carpets and hard wood floors. Gary Dominicus

Any comments about the Shark Navigator vacuum? Good or bad? Rating? Thank you!

By Bob from Phoenix

I would like to purchase a new vacuum and was wondering if anyone is "in love" with theirs. It must be an upright vacuum and have an on-board suction hose with tools.

Thanks!

Marnita from Cumming, GA

Answers:

Vacuum Cleaner Reviews

My fiance got me a Bissell PowerForce bagless. It's 12 amps and I love it! We have two long-haired cats, and lots of kids and friends in and out all day. This thing cleans like nobody's business. We especially like the bagless feature. All the receptacles and filters come apart easily, clean easily, and go back together easily. Even I can do it, and I'm notoriously fumble-fingered. Walmart has this model for under $60. It's a workhorse with some nice onboard tools, I highly recommend it! (12/12/2005)

By Sharon Brown

RE: Vacuum Cleaner Reviews

Vacuum Cleaner Reviews

I absolutely love my Fanthom. It picks up so much stuff. I have had mine for 12 years and every time I vacuum it still amazes me about how much stuff it picked up. Where was all that stuff hiding? When I am ready to get a new one it will be a Fanthom again. Got mine at K-mart. (12/12/2005)

By JoJo

Vacuum Cleaner Reviews

I have an upright Panasonic that I have used commercially for 5-6 years. I love it. The tools are onboard and so easy to use. I got a Sharp at the same vacuum store a couple years ago to replace this one I use commercially. After using it a couple of times, I took my Panasonic back to the building I do. I use the Sharp at home, but the Panasonic is so much easier to use. (12/12/2005)

By Dede

Vacuum Cleaner Reviews

My friend bought a Dyson and she absolutely loves it. She has 2 German Shepherds and two cats. They are pricey tho. (12/12/2005)

By Lois

Vacuum Cleaner Reviews

I also bought a Dyson about two years ago and love it. (I have two long-haired dachshunds, need I say more.) The Dyson is great. Yes, it was expensive, but worth it, just like the Rowenta iron I bought. I am as cheap as they come, but both of these items were money well spent. (12/13/2005)

By Clauldia from MD

Vacuum Cleaner Reviews

Never ever buy a Eureka. They are duds. Ours worked great the first few times we used it, then after that you had to work harder for it to vacuum the carpet. If anything gets in the motor you have to take it to the shop to get it repaired and it is not worth the money.

(12/13/2005)

By Ziggee

Vacuum Cleaner Reviews

I have had literally dozens of vacuums over my very long life, including a Kirby, a Rainbow, etc., and finally am happy, with my Dyson! It is light enough for me to carry, does all the work exceedingly well, cleans out easily, has a help line for questions, and comes apart so that even the most mechanically challenged souls like myself can see the logic of it all. One can see just how filthy one's carpets and/or furniture get in just a day or two after vacuuming by simply looking into the clear upright container after passing quickly through the house. It's horribly expensive, but I won't have to get filters again, and I won't have to replace it, I believe. I would recommend it. (12/13/2005)

By Cate

Vacuum Cleaner Reviews

I have the Hoover Empower with the hush mode and it is OK, but I bet there is better out there. (12/13/2005)

By Debbie

Vacuum Cleaner Reviews-Bissell Lift-Off

Bissell 3750M Lift-Off Deluxe Bagless Upright Vacuum or
Bissell 37603 Lift-Off Revolution Deluxe Upright Bagless Vacuum

I have been using a Bissell upright for 10 years, it also converts to a canister. It does a good job of cleaning, but more importantly it is two vacuums in one! You can use it as an upright vacuum or as a canister vacuum, just one click makes the conversion. All uprights have one big flaw, if you want to use the attachments you must drag the complete vacuum around with you. With this Bissell, you simply click on a button and the canister portion separates from the upright portion making it easy to carry around and do your cleaning. To convert it back to an upright, just set it back in its holder and click.

As far as I know, Bissell is the only manufacturer that makes this type of convertible vacuum.
I Goggled and found Amazon is a reseller; they sell new and refurbished

http://www.amazon.com/gp/search/ref=pd_sl_aw_tops-1_kitchen_7772087_1/104-2691102-0674365?tag=thrif06-20

I wouldn't buy a different vacuum, as this Bissell really does a good job, is easy to use and is two vacuums in one.

Jim in Jax (12/13/2005)

By Jim

Vacuum Cleaner Reviews

I also have a Dyson! It was really expensive, but it is so good. I know I won't be buying a new one anytime soon, maybe never. (12/13/2005)

By Barbara

Vacuum Cleaner Reviews

Consumer Reports, for the past two years has rated the Hoover Wind Tunnel (which I own) the best value for performance. It said it was better than the Dyson. (12/14/2005)

By Kelly

Vacuum Cleaner Reviews

Hoover Z Vacuum is sweeping the nation or at least I am using it to sweep my house! I got this one right before Christmas. It is an upright with tools and it has a cool design. It folds down into a neat little package. It is great for the stairs; it has a very long hose and my favorite hose attachment even rotates with bristles.

It is very quiet and has a clear canister with a HEPA Filter. It is so cool to watch the dirt spin around. I give it 2 thumbs up. If you add in my kids that would be 8 thumbs up. My husband has not used it yet. (01/12/2006)

By Joni Deiters

Vacuum Cleaner Reviews

I love, love, love my Hoover Z Bagless! It has no bag to change and no cloud of dust when changing. This clear canister stores the dirt, so you get to see what you are getting. It makes me want to keep on vacuuming! Also, the onboard hose lets me get all of my spiral staircase without unplugging. If you need a vacuum I would say this is a winner. (01/13/2006)

By Tracy J