Robotic Rug Cleaner on Vinyl Floor

Will a Robotic rug cleaner clean a vinyl floor?

Mary from Grapeview, WA

If you are talking about that little round thingy that goes all over the place all by itself yes they will. My upstairs neighbor has one and he goes from hardwood to vinyl, even makes his way across the divide between the two areas.

I have one. It will clean carpet and all floors. It takes a long time though and may not clean all the spots. I gave up on mine and went back to vacume and broom

aw

If you are talking about the Rhoomba, it will. I have one. I dont use it. You have to move all the furniture first so it can get around. It isnt good for carpeting, but hardwood or vinyl its ok. It works about as well as one of those mechanical push cleaners that have the brushes. It doesnt have strong suction like a vacuum. But it is good if you want to clean under your bed.

I dearly LOVE my Swiffer as it goes anywhere I want and I dont need to vacuum. I use a wet wipe on the bottom of the pole. So I am saying, save your money and buy a Swiffer. (smile)

I have a Roomba and love it. My big vacuum recently bit the dust and I have no plans on replacing it. For Carol in PA, if yours isn't doing a good job on your carpets, you may have a faulty one and should contact iRobot. They are the most customer friendly people I have ever dealt wiith and will do whatever it takes to make you happy with their product.

As for using it on hard floors though, I have, and did not have to move anything around at all. It did a fairly good job, but I will say that the Roomba didn't do as good there as I had hoped. I use a stick vacuum to vacuum the kitchen then a Shark Steam mop to clean it good.

For the carpets tho, my Roomba is excellent.