Compost Shredded Paper

When you empty out your paper shredder, put the shredded paper in the compost pile.

By djxn from Colfax, CA

Top Comment

This is excellent advice. I have 5 gallon bucket (with lid!) in my kitchen that I put food scraps, leftover coffee/tea, and all paper that isn't shiny to dump on my compost pile. Paper is excellent "brown" material, including receipts, paper bags, newspaper, thin cardboard.

Top Comment

I compost mine too. However, I soak mine first in water innorder to help the paper break down easier in the compost pile.

Top Comment

My shredder is a 'cross cut' type and the paper is actually like confetti. I use this as mulch in my garden, bedding for my worms and the 'brown' in my cold compost pile. I use the term 'cold compost' for the pile that I am actually pretty lazy about. My worms are the best at really getting the composting done!

Be sure the ink on the paper you plan to compost is non-toxic.

Uses for Shredded Paper, shredded paper
Uses for Shredded Paper
Home and Garden Gardening CompostingJune 16, 2009
Shredded Paper
Making Shredded Paper for Crafts
Waste Bin Full of Shredded Paper
Recycling Shredded Paper
Compost Pile
Starting a Compost Pile
Shredded cabbage
Uses for Bagged Shredded Cabbage
🎉
🎄