Vegie Piklets

These are great for the children to make or a good way of getting them to eat vegetables without them knowing.

• 1 small zucchini (washed)
  • Ad
  • 1 carrot (washed)
  • 1 orange or 1 Tbsp. fresh orange juice
  • 1/2 cup wholemeal self-raising flour
  • 1/2 cup self raising flour
  • 1 Tbsp. brown sugar
  • 3/4 cup milk
  • 1/2 tsp. margarine

Directions:

Squeeze juice from orange. Grate the zucchini and carrot. Put them into a saucepan with the orange juice, and boil on low heat for about 3 minutes. Allow to cool.

Sift both flours into a bowl. Stir in sugar, egg and milk to make smooth batter. Mix in the cooked vegetables.

Heat a frying pan on the stove. Melt the margarine, tilting the pan to spread it. Drop tablespoons of mixture into the frying pan. Cook until bubbles appear, turn over and brown the other side. Serve warm or cold.

Servings: Many
Prep Time: 10-15 Minutes
Cooking Time: 3-4 Minutes

Source: From a friend.

By Lorraine from Perth, Western Australia

Oh, these sound so good! What a wonderful way to make veggies delicious for children - and adults. You have my vote, even though I intend to enter the contest. But this is just too good, I can't help voting for it. Thank you so much. I am making these this week.

I agree, these sound sooo wonderful & a good use of veggies. Simple, items one would have on hand, esp. in summertime, & just easy. One could ask for no more in a recipe! I mean to try it.

Veggie Pikelets
Veggie Pikelets (Fritters) Recipes
Food and Recipes Recipes AppetizersAugust 4, 2011
Guide
Zucchini Fritter
Zucchini Fritter Recipes
🎄