Question
Browse>Contests>Ask>Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Yellow Bleach Stain on White Counter

I have a white laminate counter top in my kitchen. I used bleach and water to clean it and something happened. The spots on the counter turned brow. I can't get them out. Does anyone have any ideas?

By Joan from Morristown, NJ

Here are the recent answer to this question.

By Laurie [2]02/05/2010

Try a mixture of baking soda and water until it forms a paste and scrub with old toothbrush. Good Luck

By freshgreengrace02/05/2010

Try: a few drops of glycerin on a cloth. wipe over the area. Leave for 20 minutes. Clean off with white vinegar.
(or white vinegar and bi carb. rub while it's fizzing)

Thrifty Fun has been around so long that many of our pages have been reset several times. Archives are older versions of the page and the feedback that was provided then.

Archive: Yellow Bleach Stain on White Counter

I was trying to remove a stain from my white bathroom counter and used bleach. The stain is gone, but I have a big yellow stain on my counter from the bleach. Is there anyone that can tell me how to remove bleach stains from a bathroom counter?

Dpatrice

RE: Yellow Bleach Stain on White Counter

Try Mr. Clean Magic Erasers. I have been having great success with them. I just took gray stains off my countertops that I thought were there for life. Cheapest place to find them is at Wal-Mart, in packs of two, but Sam's club offers a pack of 8, that figures cheaper than a two pack if you think you'll use them a lot, like I did. (08/24/2004)

By Lisa

I just tried the Magic Eraser on a yellow bleach stain. It works pretty well, considering. Couple days ago I had my blue wet shirt on the bath tub and left it there overnight, tada, instant dye runoff on it. Freaking out, I put some bleach on the tub, which washes off the blue stain, but left yellow bleach stain instead. Until I read this post it never occurred to me that the Magic Eraser can do it. There is still a little stain, but it's way less noticeable than before. Thanks for the tip. (08/25/2004)

Try hydrogen peroxide oral rinse. I had yellowish brownish stains on my bathtub from cleaning with bleach. Used a little hydrogen peroxide on a wash cloth and it disappeared immediately. No scrubbing, just one wipe and it was gone.

This was after I tried every other product and even more bleach, nothing else worked. I tried the hydrogen peroxide by chance. It was sitting on my bathroom vanity and it thought why not try it. I already had tried everything else. It was a miracle. (07/31/2009)

By ingraffia