Heartworm Medication Recommendations

I am looking for recommendations for heartworm medication for my dogs. I would also like one that prevents ticks.

Cosy from Blythewood, SC

Interceptor (six tablets at $25.00)and there are many others that treat heartworm and other worms. I buy the Interceptor for my dogs and they were recently tested negative. That's a good feeling knowing the your pet is given a product that really works.

I understand that Advantage Plus is able to treat fleas as well as heartworm, but is a bit more pricey.

For ticks and fleas, I buy the kit of Frontline Plus off the internet. You receive a large dose with glass vial and needless measuring syringe for the size your pet is. Just make sure to specify for dog or cat. The larger dose is longer lasting if you do not own a very large pet.

If you would like the address of where to get this product for $20.00 that also covers shipping, let me know and I'll provide the link.

I use relovution; it takes care of ticks, fleas, and heartworm--but it is pricy. I live in the south, and ticks and fleas come with the territory. There is no was to lessen them, so one does everything one can to keep them off pets, out of your yard, etc. Revolution works far better than anything else we've tried. You must make sure the pet is tested for heartworm first, and it must be used yearlong for proper protection. You cannot use another heartworm med when using this, or you will over-medicate the pet, as with any med that does double/triple duty.

I wanted to add that if you ask your vet to write a prescription for the meds you need, they are much cheaper to buy on line from such places as petmeds.com

We like the sentinel (sp?) It takes care of heartworm, fleas and ticks and is not harmful to your pet or you. You give it once a month, it is a little pricey. but this is one of your family, right? When you take into consideration what all it does. and is not a chemical you put on the shoulders and have to wash your hands every time you pet your little one, it is well worth the price.

Pets Dogs HealthMarch 18, 2009
Applying Topical Flea Medication on Cats
Applying Topical Flea Medication on Pets
cat
Buying Generic Capstar Flea Medication
A puppy scratching at fleas.
Giving Medication to Pets
A dog with a thermometer in his mouth.
Keeping Track of Pet Medication
🎄
🍂