Vinegar To Remove Paint Odors

I am allergic to paint odour, my bedroom was recently painted. How am I to use this method (vinegar to remove paint odors) to get rid of the smell? Does anyone have any other methods? Please let me know. Thanks.

Rajamannar

I don't know why kind of paint you used, but if it is oil based paints, they have stronger odors and I can only suggest you close the room and open the windows to air out as much as possible. Put a fan in the room too to help it weaken the odor.

If the paint is latex based that might be what is a contributing factor as many people have latex allergies. I would do the same as above with it and be careful of the type of paint used unless you're very sensitive to all paint types. Try wallpapering next time and see if that alleviates your allergic reactions.

DAMPRID is a product that painters use to remove order during/after painting. It comes in a Hi-Capacity Moisture Absorber - 4 lbs.

Check out the video at this link:

http://www.ask.com/bar?q=damp+rid&a ... mp;u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.damprid.com%2F

Go to the link below to find out how to make homemade Damp Rid

http://www.thriftyfun.com/tf66086483.tip.html

Hope this helps!

Next time when painting, cut a couple of onions in half and leave them lying around the room. Discard after a few days.(Don't eat them!)

I have a Book called 1.0001 helpful hints and in that it says if you use 1 teaspoon of Vanilla to 1 pint of paint it will keep the odor away and will not hurt the paint

The vinegar in the paint is okay but it can color the paint, and will destroy that bright whtie you may be looking for.

Since my husband and I have severe allergies, we learned that if you boil vanilla, water and cinnamon or nutmeg in a pot of water and put the steaming pot in the room, it cuts the scent a lot. I have also found that using a crock pot with those same ingredients while painting helps, too. 'Course, you get really hungry for cookies after a bit, but...

Using vinegar or scents only cover up the odor, fine if it isn't an allergy but rather that you hate the smell. The problem, if it is allergies or sensitivities is the volatile organic compounds (VOC). Covering them up does not make them go away. Some plants are noted for their ability to remove VOCs from the air, spider plants being one of the best. The next time you paint, get a low VOC paint, some now available have very little emissions. Or you can try making your own milk paint, unless of course you have dairy allergies.

August 19, 2009 Flag

If you are painting and want to get rid of the paint smell, put some distilled vinegar in the room and that will rid you of the paint odors.

By Leonora from Morrow, GA

Answers:

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
A woman painting a room blue.
Removing Paint Odors
Home and Garden Home Improvement PaintingAugust 19, 2009
Porcelain bathtub.
Removing Paint from a Porcelain Bathtub
Old wooden ladder leaning against a concrete wall with painted designs.
Removing Paint from Concrete
Green paint on a brick wall.
Cleaning Paint from Brick
Vinegar Bottle
Removing Vinegar Smell from Carpet
🎉
🎄