Removing Vinegar Smell from Carpet

Category Carpet
You used vinegar to remove a stubborn odor from the carpet only to have a problem now getting rid of the vinegar smell. This is a guide about removing vinegar smell from carpet.

How do you remove vinegar smell from carpet in a car? I spilled a gallon of milk on my car carpet and immediately cleaned up with water, then applied a mix of cider vinegar and water.

That dried, now it stinks like vinegar. I shampooed it and have tried baking soda and it still stinks so bad. Help! I love my car and can't afford to trade it, but I have allergies and the smell is annoying my allergies and stomach.

By Vicki from PA

Answers

You might want to try putting a container of coffee grounds in your car for awhile. I know it gets rid of cigarette smoke, and that is pretty hard to remove.

Let the vinegar dry completely. The smell will be gone. Dried vinegar does not have any smell after it is throughly dry. It will take a while for the carpet pad to dry. Put a fan in the room. I use vinegar and water and rags to wash my carpeting. It takes off all dirt, etc. And even 'street dirt' from shoes. google 'uses for vinegar'. It will surprise you. Good luck, but you don't actually need it!

Just let it dry the smell will disappear on it own.

How do I get rid of vinegar smell from my car seat?

I used white vinegar to remove stains and pet urine from the carpet, it worked, but now an awful vinegar smell is left. It has been 4 days now and the smell is almost stronger. I tried washing it, but that didn't help. It still has a strong vinegar odor. Help. I am getting ready to replace carpet.

By Deb K

Answers

Pour a pile of table salt on it and let it sit for 24 hours then vacuum it up.

For few hours put unused coffee spread in your car carpet then vacuum it

Good day,
Reciently viniger spilt in my car. On a hot day with the windows closed. The smell was horrible. I made a mixture warm water of Cascade granuls. Almost a paste but thinner. Then washed the area. It has to be the original granules of Cascade, the other brands will not work, they could bleach the area that you are cleaning. After rinsing, I let it dry then vacuumed it. I have used Cascade granuals on white pants,that have had car grease, silk shirts that had olive oil splattered on it. No discoloration. I have also cleaned the tubs and walls, and much more. It is my Secret miracle cleaner.