Removing Vinegar Smell from Carpet

I used white vinegar to remove stains and pet urine from the carpet, it worked, but now an awful vinegar smell is left. It has been 4 days now and the smell is almost stronger. I tried washing it, but that didn't help. It still has a strong vinegar odor. Help. I am getting ready to replace carpet.

By Deb K

Pour a pile of table salt on it and let it sit for 24 hours then vacuum it up.

You said use table salt to remove the vinger smell from carpet ..I have a dog in a small apartment is there anything else I can use ? The smell of vinger is everywhere carpet and clothes..I used the vinger to shampoo my carpet and tile floors..the dog is a rescue and was not housebroken at the time ..I need help please !!

The room needs to be ventilated so it can allow the padding in the carpet to dry. Your best bet is to open your windows and turn on a fan for some hours every day until the smell goes away.

It worked for me. I'm in an apartment with a dog as well

For few hours put unused coffee spread in your car carpet then vacuum it

Good day,
Reciently viniger spilt in my car. On a hot day with the windows closed. The smell was horrible. I made a mixture warm water of Cascade granuls. Almost a paste but thinner. Then washed the area. It has to be the original granules of Cascade, the other brands will not work, they could bleach the area that you are cleaning. After rinsing, I let it dry then vacuumed it. I have used Cascade granuals on white pants,that have had car grease, silk shirts that had olive oil splattered on it. No discoloration. I have also cleaned the tubs and walls, and much more. It is my Secret miracle cleaner.