Cleaning InteriorCars

Permanent Marker on Vehicle Interior

How do you get permanent black marker out of the interior of a van?

By Melissa

I used Ink away made by GooGone when my kids got a hold of a marker in my van, all over the back of the seats! And it all went away. I got it at either Lowes or Menard's. It also says to use hairspray or WD40 on other places on this web site. Good luck!

February 11, 2010 Flag

My grandchildren went outside to get the oldest one's homework (kindergarten), and when they didn't return in 5 minutes my daughter went out there to see what was going on. They were writing on the interior of the car with a permanent black marker on the dash board and the console. How do we get this off? Please help! Thanks.

By Kimberly from Cuyahoga Falls, OH

Answers:

Permanent Marker on Vehicle Interior

Use a dry erase marker. Any color will work, then wipe the dry erase marker off. (10/23/2009)

By Bama_Jypsy1

Permanent Marker on Vehicle Interior

Magic eraser, magic eraser, magic eraser. I even removed permanent marker off of a material desk chair with one. (10/23/2009)

By valentinesday

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

October 20, 2009 Flag

My wonderful 3 year old daughter got a hold of a permanent marker in the back seat of her father's new truck. She got it all over the inside of the door (vinyl I think) and all over the back of the seat which is cloth. Does anyone know how to get this out?

Renee from MI

Answers:

Permanent Marker on Vehicle's Interior

For the vinyl part you can use rubbing alcohol on a cloth to remove the permanent marker. I have no idea how you will get the marker out of the cloth though. (02/26/2009)

By Sherry

Permanent Marker on Vehicle's Interior

This sounds crazy, but you may want to try hairspray. Test it in an area not visible first to make sure it won't leave a stain. I know this works on painted surfaces, tables, and some cloth. Good luck! (02/26/2009)

By Karensteph

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes