Crochet Edge Around a Fleece Blanket

What kind of tool and template is used to make holes in fleece material so that a crocheted edge can be made?

By Mary from Eagleville, PA

Crochet Edge Around a Fleece Blanket
Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

If I were to crochet an edge on a baby blanket as shown in the photo I wouldn't bother with a special tool or template. I would use a small crochet hook to poke the holes, plus crochet the edging as I was going around the edge.

I have a sister that crochets handles or whatever they are called on terry dish towels that you hang them on a cabinet handle with, and she doesn't use anything other than the hook she is using for the crocheting.

I've always used those large bbq forks. Just insert the fork in the last hole you make and carry on all the way round. They are evenly spaced and a perfect size.

I haven't tried this yet. You know spiral ring school writing notebooks, when you rip off a sheet of paper, use the strip with holes as a measuring device spacer, mark holes-use metal crochet hook, the holes will be evenly spaced. Hey, free. joanie

My mother used to use a sharp metal needle.

If you want a more uniform look try threading a yarn needle with your your yarn then blanket stitching at regular intervals all the way round. 1/4 inch is good for most crochet with yarn.

Go to skipstitch.com and order a skip stitch rotary blade that works wonders on punching the holes. I have tried all different methods and this works the best. I have all the ladies at my work using the skip stitch blade also.

Take a look at www.edgerydoo.com

These are templates to aid making the holes evenly and you can punch through 4 layers at a time so that it is quick.

Go to www.skipstitch.com and take a look at their blades. They work great and can be used with a 45mm rotary cutting tool. This sure does save a lot of time. No more punching holes and this blade makes evenly spaced holes for crocheting edges.

Answer

Crafts CrochetDecember 20, 2010
Fleece Fabric
Making a Fleece Doll Blanket
A bed in a bedroom.
Electric Blanket Error Codes
Electric Blanket
Finding Replacement Cords and Controls for an Electric Blanket
Three Fleece Blankets
Making A Fleece Blanket
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on April 19, 2016 at 1:50:38 AM on 10.0.2.157 in 809 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.