Question
Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Crochet Edge Around a Fleece Blanket

Pin It

What kind of tool and template is used to make holes in fleece material so that a crocheted edge can be made?

By Mary from Eagleville, PA

Here are the recent answer to this question.

By Joyce02/02/2011

Go to www.skipstitch.com and take a look at their blades. They work great and can be used with a 45mm rotary cutting tool. This sure does save a lot of time. No more punching holes and this blade makes evenly spaced holes for crocheting edges.

By Bridgemont01/10/2011

Take a look at www.edgerydoo.com

These are templates to aid making the holes evenly and you can punch through 4 layers at a time so that it is quick.

By Janene Amador01/07/2011

Go to skipstitch.com and order a skip stitch rotary blade that works wonders on punching the holes. I have tried all different methods and this works the best. I have all the ladies at my work using the skip stitch blade also.

By InStiches01/02/2011

My mother used to use a sharp metal needle.
If you want a more uniform look try threading a yarn needle with your your yarn then blanket stitching at regular intervals all the way round. 1/4 inch is good for most crochet with yarn.

By Joan Dykes [14]12/27/2010

I haven't tried this yet. You know spiral ring school writing notebooks, when you rip off a sheet of paper, use the strip with holes as a measuring device spacer, mark holes-use metal crochet hook, the holes will be evenly spaced. Hey, free. joanie

By cettina [74]12/23/2010

I've always used those large bbq forks. Just insert the fork in the last hole you make and carry on all the way round. They are evenly spaced and a perfect size.

By Joan [13]12/20/2010

I have a sister that crochets handles or whatever they are called on terry dish towels that you hang them on a cabinet handle with, and she doesn't use anything other than the hook she is using for the crocheting.

By Marjorie C. Woodworth [82]12/20/2010

If I were to crochet an edge on a baby blanket as shown in the photo I wouldn't bother with a special tool or template. I would use a small crochet hook to poke the holes, plus crochet the edging as I was going around the edge.

Thrifty Fun has been around so long that many of our pages have been reset several times. Archives are older versions of the page and the feedback that was provided then.

Archive: Crochet Edge Around a Fleece Blanket

What is a good way to crochet an edge around a fleece baby blanket?

***

Crochet Edge Around a Fleece Blanket
*** This picture is on the ThriftyFun website. I'd like to know the pattern and stitches used to make the border of the blanket. Thanks.

By Jeanne from NY

RE: Crochet Edge Around a Fleece Blanket

Go to the youtube website. Click on videos and type in crochet edges around a fleece blanket. (12/15/2009)

By MCW

I would like a pattern to crochet around a fleece blanket.

By Jean from Volga, IA