Mark Top of Comforter For Easy Bed Making

When making my queen-sized bed, I often get mixed up which direction my comforter goes since it has a large floral pattern and the width and length are closer than on a twin comforter. To solve this problem, I pinned a safety pin on the two underside corners that lay at the head of my bed. I never have to guess which direction the comforter goes and the pins are out of sight when the bed is made.

By Mindy from Hilliard, OH

I do the same with my fitted king size sheet. I saves a lot of time and frustration.

I also mark mine but instead of a safety pin which can become unpinned and rust over time, I use craft paint and at the bottom 2 corners I paint a small B (for bottom) and an arrow pointing to the bottom on each bottm corner. I try to get a oolor that will contrast the color of the underside of the comforter so it's easily visible. If those corners will be seen or the comforter is reversible, then I get a color that matches instead. It's not easily seen then, but the paint can be felt easily.

I have done something similar for years. I use a black Sharpie and put a small black dot on the sheets. Now that fitted sheets have elastic all the way around, it's not easy to find the head of the sheet. When I get new sheets, I put the bottom sheet on the bed. I put a small dot right in the middle of the sheet up at the head of the bed. It won't be seen because the pillows will hide the dot. Then I fold the flat sheet in the middle and put a little black dot at the edge of the sheet at the top.

Then when I make the bed, I just put the dots together. That ensures that the same amount of sheet is hanging over the sides of the bed. You could also mark blankets and comforters and duvet covers the same way. The tiny dots won't be seen and it sure makes making the bed a whole lot easier!

Girl Making Her Bed
Bed Making Tips
Organizing BedroomJuly 12, 2011
messy bed with white comforter
Keeping a Comforter on the Bed
A garden bed made from an old blue bed.
Make a Garden "Bed" Out of an Old Bed Frame
End view of rolled comforter.
Make Your Own Comforter Cover
package with a featherbed topper
Using A Featherbed Topper