Keeping a Comforter on the Bed?

Every time we use satin sheets, it never fails, the comforter always falls off the bed. How can we keep this from happening?

Answers

Best Answer

You can try one of these solutions.
1- A few large safety pins pinned through both the top sheet and
the comforter.

2- Buy a roll of the rubber gripper matting that you can line
drawers and shelves with, and either pin to the comforter or just
place a long strip at the foot, the middle, and the head of the
top sheet, with your comforter over that, and it may hold the
comforter from sliding off the slippery sheet. ***Side note- that
type of matting works great to hold a quilt or blanket from
sliding off the back of a leather couch. I also use it to line my
rolling tool chest drawers to keep tools from sliding to the back
of the drawers every time I open a drawer. You can even buy it
at Dollar General for just a few dollars a roll.

Best Answer

While it kind of defeats the purpose of the sheets, if you use a cotton blanket between the top sheet and the comforter, they don't slip off as easily as they do when it is comforter to sheet. I love cotton sheets year round!

Best Answer

Why not just get some elastic and sew on the ends of the comforter. You can make like a loop on the underside of the comforter and it would be the same as the elastic on the sheets that go on the corners of the bed. If you put in the elastic and get it just right the comforter can still stay on top of the bed and the inside will go under the 4 corners of your bed. I did this one for my grandmother when she had an issue of one of the blankets slipping off the bed in the middle of the night. I just made 4 elastic corners on the blanket and hooked the elastic under the 4 corners of the bed.

Best Answer

Hello!I'm a fan of satin sheets myself and use them in the summer quite a bit. I had the issue of the comforter"sliding"off of the bed,due to the sheets from time to time, until I utilized a a couple of ideas to prevent it from happening, which was to use some of the pre-measured, precut velcro squares with adhesive backing. You can get them at most department stores or online, they're very affordable&well worth the price to keep your comforter from sliding off of the bed. Another thing I have used, is a type of"no-slide"rug backing material,I cut the material to the size I needed&use fabric glue to adhere it to the comforter, in a few inconspicuous areas,it also works well, but it didn't stay on as well as the velcro when I washed my comforter in the washing machine, it came loose&had to be reattached.
The weight&size of your comforter will help determine what method should work best, but both methods worked pretty well overall for us&prevented our comforter from continuously sliding onto the floor.
Good luck!

Answer this Question

3 More Questions

How do I keep my comforter on the bed at night? It seems to always slip down while we are sleeping!

By GG from Dallas, TX

Answers

I always have the bottom of the comforter tucked between the mattress and the box spring, and when I make the bed I also tuck in both sides the same way. I've never had a problem with our comforter slipping down while we're sleeping.

I had one with a slippery backing and I tucked the bottom corners in. This did it for us.

1) At the dollar store (Dollar Tree) they sell these clips attached to white elastic that are made to keep your ironing board cover from slipping off of your ironing board. They're are adjustable. Al you'd need to do is clip one end to the comfortable & the other end to the fitted bottom bed sheet!... I like these clips because the stretch (because of the elastic) & won't wear holes in your fabric like safety pins do.

2) Another idea is to buy some sew-on or stick-on Velcro & sew one side of the Velcro to the bottom fitted sheet or to the bed frame & the other side of the Velcro to 4 or 6 areas on the comforter.

3) A third idea is to take several shoe laces & sew them to the sides & bottom of the comforter then use these shoelaces or nylon line to tie them to the foot-board. This wouldn't work if they laces were tied to the top (headboard area) because then a person couldn't get out of bed easily, but they would be nice to use to tie the comforter to the bottom of the bed by the footboard.

4) You can sew the comforter to a top sheet, leaving an extra foot or two of the sheet hanging off the bottom, then using these few feet of sheet to tuck in to the bottom of the bed under the matress. This wouldn't hold the whole thing on, but it would hold the bottom of the comforter on.

5) Tiny Weights. They make these to sew in to the hems of curtains so they don't blow all over when it's windy. But you could use something as simple as Stainless Washers from the hardware store.

6) Magnets sewn or glued with fabric glue on to your sheets or bed & a second set of a piece of ferrous metal attached to your comforter. but I don't know how the magnets or non-stainless steel would go through the washer & dryer. You'd probably have to make them detachable for washing. f you have a "Hollywood" style bed frame, these are usually made of steel, so all you'd need would be a little pocket sewn on to the comfortable with a magnet in it. If your comforter hung over the side enough then the magnets would stick to the bed frame & you'd be all set!

Too easy, don't sleep with a man. They overheat and kick it down through the night.

I got a kick out of Ausjulie's comment because it's oh so true ;-) LOL! I make sure the blanket just under the comforter is not the silky feeling kind and also tightly tuck the blanket and top sheet between the mattress and box spring.

You may have to put your comfortor into a cotton duvet in order for it to keep from slipping down. If it's of a silky-type fabric, I would think it would still slip around even if it's tucked in at the bottom at night. I think the cotton duvet with cotton sheets would create enough friction to keep it from sliding.

You know those fuzzy sheets for winter? Sew one of these (either by hand or machine) to the bottom side of the comforter, make sure you buy a larger flat sheet than your bed to have the extra then you can tuck the bottom in and it won't slide either. The silky material and the extra lofty fluff inside is why it wants to float off the bed.

You might sew a piece of flannel to one side of the comforter. Then when you make your bed, tuck that extra piece of fabric in tight next to the wall. It should keep it from slipping.

Anonymous

Best answer, lol

Anonymous

Lol....

Lol....

When I make my bed I tuck the blanket under the mattress. I sit on my bed a lot so me getting in and out of bed makes the blanket slide to one side. About every 3 days I fix it.

I also have a 3memory foam pad on top of the mattress so clips won't work. How do I fix this or is there a different blanket I can buy that won't do this?

How do I keep comforters from falling off the bed?

By LCA

Answers

www.blanketsuspenders.com if you're tired of sleeping with a "Blanket Hog" get yourself one of these, lots of different colors to match your blankets. Works great for kids, you don't have to check on them in the middle of the night to see if they're covered

Answer this Question
Consumer Advice General AdviceNovember 14, 2014
😷
🎉
🎄
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Keeping-a-Comforter-on-the-Bed-1.html