Fixing a Lumpy Comforter

Category Miscellaneous
Over time the batting in a comforter may become wadded and lumpy. This is a guide about fixing a lumpy comforter.

My son recently washed my queen size comforter. Long story short, it is now a very lumpy comforter. Is there any thing I can do to save it, make normal?

By karen from Charleston, SC

Answers

Best Answer

If I recall correctly, placing a couple of tennis shoes in the dryer with the lumpy item will remove the lumps.
Forgot to mention that this is also the method for drying pillows after they've been washed....
ALWAYS REMOVE THE SHOE LACES to avoid them wrapping around the article

Best Answer

A queen size down comforter would be too large to wash in the average home washer. This should be washed (and dried) in a large commercial machine. Most laundromats have them.

I washed my son's comforter which says the filling is 100% cotton. It said it could be put in dryer. I now have a clean comforter, but the inside has big balls of cotton all formed in different spots rather than all dispersed throughout the blanket. What can I do? I purchased this from Target and they won't do anything about it. Please help.

Berni from Roslyn, PA

Answers:

Lumpy Comforter

Rewash with about 3 or 4 golf or tennis balls in the wash and this will redistribute the inside of the comforter. I use this when I wash foam pillows, also. (12/20/2006)

By Paula