Crafts for Large Glass Vases

I have several medium to large glass vases that are sitting around collecting dust. I'm wondering about crafts to do with them. I have one on my table filled with pine cones and acorns and other seasonal dried flora as decoration. Thanks!

Stefani from Lexington, KY

My mom for the holidays used to fill them with round Christmas ball ornaments and put a string of mini-lights in/around the balls and it looked really pretty.

I have also seen "reverse decoupage" on glass vases and such. Just like reg decoupage only you put the stickers or paper cut-outs or photos on the INSIDE of the glass.

I have also seen arrangements where you put in cranberries on the bottom third or so and place a white pillar candle in the center for Thanksgiving.

If you have a larger wider one you could make a terrarium in one. Or fill one with layers of different colors of sand where you make sand art.

Any kind of collections of small items like marbles or small toys or sewing thread or candy looks good in glass. Or fill with lemons or nuts in the shell or seashells.

Get a beta fish and use a vase for it's home. They like small spaces I hear.

You could buy some etching cream or glass frosting spray paint or colored glass paint and make a design on a vase.

If the vase(s) have smooth top edges, get a glass plate(bread and butter size or a saucer) in clear glass. Using assorted colors of aquarium sand, make a layered design, dipping skewers in to make changes in the lines of the design if desired. Then,using a glass or porcelaine glue,attach the plate/saucer to the top of the vase, bottom side to the lip of the vase. Add a pillar candle and u have a lovely candle stand.

I have not tried this but I will; get a plate larger than the top of the vase but not too big that it will make it tip.

you can put something colorful inside (or not) and use glass glue to glue the plate to the top and you have made a cake plate that is one of a kind. another idea is to fill vase with potporri(spelled wrong?)and throughout the potporri put a string of Christmas lights leaving the plug out of course cover the top with a pretty paper or real doily(sp?).

So when you turn the lights on, it smells good luck to ya me to ;)

I have actually been looking for some glass vases so that I can put small jewels or aquarium rocks or small shells in the bottom, then put a candle in a decorate with ribbon, although i was thinking about also sponge painting part of the jar for decor too! Hope it helps someone else!

I used two of mine for betta fish tanks. Bettas like small area tanks and they look great with some lucky bamboo coming out of the top. Good luck

Wrapping yarn around a glass vase.
Crafts Using Glass Flower Vases
Crafts OtherNovember 11, 2007
Glass Vase
Cleaning Stains From Glass Vases
Star shaped glass candle holder.
Cleaning Candle Wax from Glass
Woman in Green Shirt Cleaning Glass with Squeege
Cleaning Sliding Glass Doors
Yarn Wrapped Vase With Tulips
Making a Yarn Wrapped Vase
🎉
🎄