Freeze Bulk Ground Beef In Flat Serving Sizes

When we buy burger in large packages, we part it out, usually in 1 pound packs. We put each section into a gallon size freezer bag, then flatten it out in the skillet like a large burger, zip the bag and freeze. This makes thawing, cooking, and browning so much easier. We don't have to thaw it in the microwave. We just put it straight in the skillet and cook it.

By vtmama from Southern Vermont

We do this, too. They also take up lots less space in the freezer when flattened and stored this way!

How funny - I was getting ready to post this very same idea! When I saw the same concept was posted I had to give you feedback :)

I've split up bulk hamburger packages into smaller ones and put into the gallon freezer bags for many years (in just a chunk) and recently I thought of doing what you described - I put the chunk of raw hamburger in the gallon freezer bag, squish all the air out, zip it, then squish it all flat. Stores better & cooks so much faster!

Freezing Ground Beef
Freezing Ground Beef
Food and Recipes Freezing MeatFebruary 25, 2010
Closeup of blue flowering creeping charlie.
Getting Rid of Ground Ivy (Creeping Charlie)
A person cleaning a flat screen monitor with a cloth.
Cleaning a Flat Screen Monitor
Ham Loaf
Ham Loaf Recipes
Repairing a Flat Tire
Repairing a Flat Tire
🎉
🎄