Reusing Plastic Containers For Freezing

I recycle cottage cheese and sour cream containers to freeze bulk purchases of ground beef in. I have discovered that 1 lb. of ground beef fits in a 16 oz. container. I have also found that ground beef frozen in a circle (like the container) thaws much more quickly (especially in the microwave!) than if I freeze it flat in rectangles in a freeze bag.

By Stefanie from Orem, UT

I use them for individual hamburgers, just put freezer paper between the patties. You can make and freeze about 8 hamburg patties in each one.

I also use the lids from cat food bottles, (Deli Cat, etc) for storing my scratch pad on the back of the sink. One side opens so you can put that edge over the sink and the water runs out into the sink and you always know where your scratch pad is. I use the stainless steel ones and they always have a good spot to drain.

I too use cottage cheese containers for freezing bulk homemade salsa, humuus, refried beans, etc.

Is #2 plastic any better than #5?

I save them and use them to give out leftovers to my guest. I don't have to worry about getting my containers back.

Since I eat alone most of the time, I buy the small sizes of sour cream and tub butter. I save the containers to use for leftovers. On the lid I write the date and what it is so I don't have to keep opening it and I also know when to throw it out if not used. And when I do throw it I throw container and all out, which helps to keep the smell down in the trash.

I use them for saving leftovers. I cut up scrap paper and write the item and date and then glue it onto the lid with Elmers glue stick. It stays on very well and a little soaking later allows it to be removed so I can re-use the lid again and again. I've had cottage cheese containers in use for years. Better than those cheap Glad, etc. containers which end up cracking and are impossible to label the lids.