Low Salt and Low Sugar Recipes

Category Low Salt
Salt and sugar spilled on a black table.
Too much salt and sugar in your diet is not good for your health. Finding flavorful recipes low in these two ingredients is quite easy as we move to a more healthy lifestyle. This is a guide about low salt and low sugar recipes.

I am looking for low salt and low sugar recipes.

By Nene from Jonesville

Best Answer

This is one of my favorite soup recipes; no meat, and no salt! Still very yummy & hearty. My dad is a salt-a-holic and not only didn't he add salt, but he went back for seconds! The recipe is very forgiving. I've used reduced fat/sodium chicken broth, dried black beans (that I soaked overnight), extra carrots for my carrot-loving daughter, fresh tomatoes and peppers from the garden. It has always turned out great. When serving, I offer reduced fat cheese and reduced fat sour cream, lime wedges for squeezing over the individual bowls (YUM!), and chopped avocados if I have them.

http://allrecip  Soup/Detail.aspx

I hope you try it, and I hope you love it!

Best Answer

March 3, I posted a recipe you might want to look at. It's called Low Carb Sugar Free Chocolate Zucchini Cake. There is some sugar in the whey protein, otherwise it's sugar free/low carb. You could leave out the salt.

An excellent book to buy on Ebay is Dana Carpender's "500 Low Carb Recipes." My husband was diagnosed with

Type II Diabetes about 5 years ago. I have done a lot of reading and trying recipes. Yes, it is a challenge. I use Stevia most of the time to sweeten. I buy the KAL Pure Stevia Extract, 905 servings, from my local

Health Food Store for under $15. Lasts for months.

Sharon of Lima, OH

Is there a recipe, or can you make tomato sauce with not as much salt and sugar? After having a stent put in, it is not recommended to have to much sugar and salt.

By Ian

I recommend blending altogether Roma tomatoes, garlic, basil, red onion, and oregano. Pour into a pan and add shredded carrots, this is used in place of sugar, and bring to a boil stirring constantly. Once thickened, add a little salt and paper but only if you think it needs it. Best wishes and hope this helps!