Low Salt and Low Sugar Recipes

I am looking for low salt and low sugar recipes.

By Nene from Jonesville

This is one of my favorite soup recipes; no meat, and no salt! Still very yummy & hearty. My dad is a salt-a-holic and not only didn't he add salt, but he went back for seconds! The recipe is very forgiving. I've used reduced fat/sodium chicken broth, dried black beans (that I soaked overnight), extra carrots for my carrot-loving daughter, fresh tomatoes and peppers from the garden. It has always turned out great. When serving, I offer reduced fat cheese and reduced fat sour cream, lime wedges for squeezing over the individual bowls (YUM!), and chopped avocados if I have them.

I hope you try it, and I hope you love it!

March 3, I posted a recipe you might want to look at. It's called Low Carb Sugar Free Chocolate Zucchini Cake. There is some sugar in the whey protein, otherwise it's sugar free/low carb. You could leave out the salt.

An excellent book to buy on Ebay is Dana Carpender's "500 Low Carb Recipes." My husband was diagnosed with

Type II Diabetes about 5 years ago. I have done a lot of reading and trying recipes. Yes, it is a challenge. I use Stevia most of the time to sweeten. I buy the KAL Pure Stevia Extract, 905 servings, from my local

Health Food Store for under $15. Lasts for months.

Sharon of Lima, OH

February 6, 2010 Flag

I need help finding low sodium and low sugar recipes for everything. Talk about hard to find.

Kathy from Kansas City, MO

Low Salt and Low Sugar Recipes

You can find any recipes that you want for using the search box on the website. (04/23/2008)

Low Salt and Low Sugar Recipes

When my husband was told to restrict salt, we just stopped using salt at the table and I stopped using it in cooking. It took almost three weeks for us to get used to it, but we got to like it that way. That was almost 20 years ago and today I can't eat a potato chip without gagging.

As for sugar the same is true. There are substitutes out there, but just not using them is better. If you need sweets try Splenda, but use half the amount and never in hot things. Any recipe you have can be adapted. Just keep trying. (04/23/2008)

By Edith

Low Salt and Low Sugar Recipes

We will start with low salt first. Just eliminate like the others have said. You can go a step further and buy no salt canned goods as well.

So what you are looking for is low sugar recipes and you just minus out the salt. Here is a great treat to make for yourself.

Whip it all up in the blender and you have a fab fruit smoothy. You could add a drop of vanilla or coconut extract for an exotic taste of the islands.

It breaks down to having:

2 oz of protein
1/2 cup fruit carb

that about covers it.

By caraing

Food and Recipes Recipes Dieting Low SaltFebruary 6, 2010
Sugar Snap Peas
Freezing Snow Peas (Sugar, Chinese, or Sugar Snap Peas)
Ground Cinnamon
Sugar Free Cinnamon and Sugar Recipes
A salt dough ornament on a Christmas tree.
Making Salt Dough Ornaments
Storing Sugar
Storing Sugar