Use Both Ends Of Your Ironing Board

When ironing on a regular ironing board, most of us use the narrowing of it and never think about the wide end. For ironing men's shirts I use the narrow end for the collar cuffs and the shoulder ironing the endside of each first and then the outside. I then switch to the wide end to iron the large pieces, the button first then the back and this is where it really pays off and the the placket with the buttonholes on it and it really looks nice. My hubby says every bit as nice as the cleaners and much cheaper. You'll find other things to iron on the wide end as you get use to it.

By GigGhee from Indianapolis, IN

I,too,use the wide end while ironing. I use it,when I iron my hubby's pants. Works great.I can fit all of the waist on the wide end,without any struggle, on my part, at all. Thanks,Weezy

Yesterday I decided to try using my ironing board for folding dried clothes. I take all the clothes out of the dryer into a hamper-like basked and sit that next to my chair and fold on the ironing board, lay items to the side. If pile gets too high, I have shelving in my laundry room so it's very handy to get up and put items in their place. This is the best and most relaxing way I have ever done in my lifetime. Never too late to learn!