Using Plastic Stretch Cord

How can I tie off clear stretch cord? It keeps slipping out. I am trying to make a bracelet with the stretch cord. I have tried burning it, and gluing it.

Sarah from Texas

Just pull really really tight and double knot it. If that still doesn't do the trick completely, tie it tight, then apply super glue.

The thicker cords are harder to work with. Don't be stingy on the end of the cord you will have to snip off. Make it 1 1/2 or 2 inches long. Pull it real tight. If you have trouble making it tight enough use pliers, to hold on to the cord. Once it is tight enough use clear nail polish on the knot. Let it dry for half an hour before trimming of the cord.

If this doesn't help buy the thinner cord at your favorite craft store. It's usually under $3 where I buy it. My daughter and I love to make these bracelets. I wear several to work nearly every day.

I hope this solves your troubles! Londa

To do this properly, you need to buy a bag of "CRIMP" beads & a pair of jewelry pliers. Just string the bracelet or necklace as usual, then bring the clear elastic or thread through the crimp bead, then in to the clasp & back through the crimp bead. Lastly squeeze the crimp bead with the jewelry pliers until it is flat. Crimp beads are available in sterling, gold or in the less expensive base metals with a sterling-like or gold colored finish.

* Another less permanent but okay way to do this is to tie the knot, then dab the knot with a drop of clear nail polish. When the nail polish dries, it will set the knot! ...Fast, Easy & Cheap!

I use E6000 Adhesive on my knots after finishing the bracelets. It's a clear flexible,waterproof glue that is so easy to use.. You just use a toothpick and put a little of the glue on it and it will stay perfect.

If I have to use a crimp bead I also add a dab of it on the crimp.

The glue is multi purpose and you can use it on just about anything. I use it to my stained glass work to keep 2 pieces of the glass together between my beads. It's wonderful stuff! You can usually pick it up at any craft store. I am bead happy myself! My right arm is covered with bracelets and I give them away like crazy to people who comment on how beautiful they are. =^..^=

Make sure you tie a square knot, not a granny knot, which will slip out.

Thank you everybody! Your time and advice was greatly appreciated!

Crafts JewelryOctober 13, 2008
pull start mower
Repairing a Lawnmower Cord
Electric Blanket
Finding Replacement Cords and Controls for an Electric Blanket
A pregnant woman rubbing cream in her belly to prevent stretch marks.
Preventing Stretch Marks
new shoes
Homemade Liquid Shoe Stretch