Organizing a Tack Room

I am cleaning up my messy tack room and was looking for some help on how to do so! It's not very big, but then again not very small. The place gets dusty often and is completely shut up aside from the door that's left open (but then again it's in my stable block so it doesn't need to stay shut.)

I am 15, my sister and I ride our horses every day so the place always gets messy! Please help me! I need tips on organisation, some cool things I can do with it etc.

One wall is full of shelving, another chockers full of saddle racks, the other two are blank. There are a few halter and bridle pegs, but not enough.

Here is a picture of it "clean".

By Rosie from WA

Answers

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

My tack room has a sheet of pegboard mounted on a 2" frame to allow room for the back of the hooks. It's amazing how much you can hang on a 4'x8' sheet. I also bot a "trunk", actually a large stout plastic box for the back of a truck that is mouse proof and can also be padlocked. My saddle racks are screwed in to every other 2"x4" in the wall framing like yours appear to be. A plastic dairy box which holds all the grooming tools sits on the floor. Any dirt that falls through just sits beneath it until it is swept up.

Organizing AdviceMarch 14, 2011
A picture of the Eiffel Tower.
Decorating a Room With a Paris Theme
Brown Leather Saddle
Homemade Saddle Soap
Room With Many Doors
Decorating a Room With Many Doors
Leather Horse Harness
Reconditioning an Old Leather Horse Harness
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 16, 2017 at 7:14:13 AM on 10.0.2.225 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.