Question
Browse>Contests>Ask>Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Scars on My Legs

What's a natural remedy that I can use to get rid of scars on my knees? When I was younger I was a tomboy and my knees are so scarred up from being rough. It didn't bother me then, but now that I am older it does.

By Tina from AZ

Here are the recent answer to this question.

By Juliet [2]11/18/2010

I would try vitamin E oil. It can be found at any drugstore. You can also buy it in capsules just poke a hole in it. This worked for me. Good luck.

By Anonymous [848]10/20/2010

When I was young I was simply clumsy (well, it didn't help that I had one pretty bad pigeon toed foot that I often tripped myself with - LOL) and had really bad keloid scars on my knees and elbows. It takes quite awhile but I promise you that my scars eventually reduced and faded away and are now barely noticeable at all so yours will fade away too. :-) Redhatterb's advice of keeping your skin moisturized definitely does help! :-)

By Joan [13]10/19/2010

Everybody has some type of defect on their body. Scars on the knees from scratches shouldn't be that noticable other to the people that know about them. My guess is if you put a good moisturizing lotion on them regularly that should help a lot.

Thrifty Fun has been around so long that many of our pages have been reset several times. Archives are older versions of the page and the feedback that was provided then.

Archive: Scars on My Legs

Can anyone help me get rid of my scars on my legs. It makes me feel so uncomfortable and don't have much confidence to face the world. I'm just a poor person I can't afford those expensive products. If only there's a total makeover here for free I'll surely grab it. It's only in the U.S. Where there is free make over.

Archive: Scars on My Legs

I have long thick scars on my legs. What can I use to remove them? Obiyeann

RE: Scars on My Legs

A dermatologist should be able to help you out. If money is an issue, many doctors are willing to let you make payments if you pre-arrange it. When you call the doctor's office, the receptionist should be able to tell you if the doctor will work with you on payments. (04/12/2009)

By Anonymous

RE: Scars on My Legs

If you have discoloration's and not thick scars (that are "totally" healed) you can get the skin cells to "turn-over" faster by exfoliating and new skin will eventually take it's place. I use a scrub of plain sugar and scrub with my hands or a cloth. Do this no more than once or twice a week.

If you have thick scars, the only thing you can do is wait until they turn from purple to pink, to silver and this can sometimes take several years, but sometimes you can speed up the process with products that have "Peptides" in them. Products like Stri-Vectin-SD or one of the Stri-Vectin-SD knock-offs which cost much less, about $30 for a large tube and less if you can find them on sale. (In the USA look at drug stores like Walgreen's)

The peptides really help scars by helping the skin's cells turn over quicker. The one I use is called "DermaVectin", but they come in other names as well. Just look for a name that sounds like it. They are now advertised for wrinkles, but they used to be advertised for stretch-marks and there's really nothing quite like them. You don't need to put the expensive cream everywhere, just on the scars or stretch marks only. If you use any of these products, STAY OUT OF THE SUN.

Here's the URL for StriVectin-SD:

strivectin.com, but it cost $135 and you can find a $30 knock-off at some drug stores with the same ingredients, so don't waste your money on the "real" thing, buy the less expensive brand. windsordirect.net/p-q-vectin-body-cream

Here's how they work: (I am a satisfied customer of peptide creams).

americanchronicle.com

thedermblog.com/2008/06/23/do-peptides-in-skin-care-products-work (04/12/2009)

By Cyinda

RE: Scars on My Legs

I have a huge skin graft scar from my left hip to my left knee, wraps all the way around. I lost 80% of the muscle in my thigh and broke the two bones in my calf. I was crushed between a truck and a car as a teenager. I used to hide my scar completely and I was very self conscious of it. As I age, it matters less and less. I stopped worrying about it years ago, probably around age 30. I think beauty comes from within, and I use my scar to teach children to look before crossing the street. They are so sweet, some adults just stare at it, but little ones always ask me. I get a season pass to my local water park in the summer and I wear my bathing suit 7 days a week.

The first ER surgeon to evaluate me that night wanted to just take my leg off, and I thank God every day for the younger sassy one that wanted to try to save it. It was a long road back and I'm just very fortunate that I still have two legs. The scar is a non-issue. I hope that someday yours will be too. (04/14/2009)

By Sandy from Pittsburgh

Archive: Scars on My Legs

I'm graduating this April and I have a big problem. I suffered from an allergy and it hit my legs. Now it leaves very ugly and dark big scars.