Vacuum Deodorizer

I would like to know if anyone has come across an effective vacuum deodorizer. I have an 8 month-old puppy, while kept very clean, I find my vacuum has taken on a distinct (smelly) odor when in use. Any suggestions as to how I might deodorize? I've read that using fine powders can damage the motor. Thoughts?

Thanks very much.
Milo from Vancouver, BC

Yes....sprinkle some baking soda on your carpet.

Let it sit for a few minutes ..then vacuum it up.

Walla! You will have sweet smelling carpet and vac bag.

Make sure you change bag every month.

Dorie

You can keep a scented dryer sheet in a the bag. I had a problem with odor with my canister vacuum cleaner years ago. My sister in law had borrowed it. I have no idea what she used it on but I took the bag out and cleaned as much as I could of the inside of the cleaner with a disinfectant. That solved the problem. Also, Walmart sells a deodorizing type disc called Fresh Air Tablets that I really like to use. It is in a plastic bag and is Walmart's brand name Great Value. I use only half of it. I found it in the vacuum cleaner section of the store. But for some reason, they don't always have it in stock.

Another thing you may want to do is to clean the filter from the vacuum cleaner. Ours smelled awful from vacuuming cat litter (messy cat...lol). Anyway, after I took the filter out, washed it and let it air dry.....no smell.

cotton ball with essential oils on it and sweep it up into the bag

Try sprinkling a little cinnemon and cloves on your carpet before vacuuming. Really smells great and the scent lasts thru a few cleaning jobs!

I read the instructions with my machine. They indicate that the bag may pick up odors. Check your instructions for cleaning the outer bag.

Holly

Sears has deodorizer tablets that go in the vacuum bag.

Try putting some air fresheners in the bag.

Home and Garden Cleaning Cleaning ToolsJanuary 25, 2006
Robot Vacuum
Robot Vacuum (Roomba) Reviews
Frozen Veggies
Storing Vacuum Sealed Food
Vacuum Cleaner Cover
Making a Vacuum Cleaner Cover
Upclose photo of beige carpet.
Cleaning Carpets Without a Vacuum
🎉
🎄