Repairing a Stiff Roll Top Desk

How do you make a stiff roll top desk roll up and down easier?

By karen17 from marion il.

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

Best Answer

Just what I was going to say; soap or wax or WD40.

Best Answer

I inherited my Father's antique rolltop desk and it needed some dust removed from the rolltop to make it open smoothly. I vacuumned the rolltop while closed along every movable part and moved the rolltop up and vacuumed the channels it moved in as much as possible. I also used furniture lemon oil on the channels and rolltop too. It worked for me.

I have also used candle wax on sticky drawers before. Maybe that would help too. Good luck.

Rub a bar of soap or a candle inside the grove that the slats roll up & down in then open & shut the desk 5 or 10 times.

Repairing a Rolltop Desk
Repairing a Rolltop Desk
Home and Garden Repair FurnitureApril 20, 2009
Black smooth top cooking range.
Cleaning Spills on a Smooth Top Stove
Leather Topped Desk
Removing Paper Stuck to a Leather Topped Desk
Drawer Organizer
Desk Drawer Organizer Ideas
Desk Calendar
Making A Desk Calendar
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 16, 2017 at 7:20:15 AM on 10.0.1.155 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.