Stiffening Silk Flowers for Projects

If you are making a craft projects with silk flowers, you can stiffen them, and still keep their bright color, by using the strongest hair spray you can find. In the USA I like to use the "Got2B" brand because it's so very stiff and strong, but a dollar-store brand will also work.

Pop flower heads off the stems, then while holding the back of the flower with your hand, spray first the back then the front, totally saturating the flower. Lay flower on a nonstick surface to dry. My favorite way to dry the flowers is to lay them on a wire shelf, but in the summer I like to set them in the sun on top of the grass with the top of the flower facing up.

By Cyinda

Crafting Tools
Crafting Tips and Tricks
Crafts FloralApril 17, 2009
Golden silk fabric
Cleaning Silk
Ball of blue yarn with crochet hook.
Crochet Tips and Tricks
silk flowers in a glass vase
Coloring Silk Flowers
Knitting Tips
Knitting Tips and Tricks