Swiffer Cloths in a Pinch

I love Swiffer type cloths. I found when I ran out one time that you can use cut up rags (esp. flannel) the same size as one of the duster sheets and attach to the mop the same way. Voila! It works great and you can just throw it in the wash if you want to reuse. You can also lightly spray the cloth or dampen it and wring out to do a little spot cleaning. This is a great way to reuse pillowcases that are very worn, or any old thing.

I also use bath clothes and old towels that I cut to fit. I can't afford the disposable things and I,too, feel like i'm re-using stuff.

young woman holding a Swiffer style mop
Making Replacement Pads for a Swiffer
Home and Garden Cleaning Cleaning ToolsSeptember 24, 2008
Woman Polishing a Piece of Silver
Homemade Silver Polishing Cloths
Mop cleaning floor
Knitting a Swiffer Pad
Woman's legs and Swiffer WetJet style electronic mop on wooden floor
Homemade Swiffer Wet Mop Replacement Cloths
🎉
🎄