Earth Worms to Soften Soil

I have always been an avid gardener without any chemicals. I was anxious to 'get started' in my large garden upon moving into a new home, but our soil was rock hard. I could balance on my spade shovel more easily than turn the soil over. I added peat moss, bone meal, compost; you name it!

Then, when teaching a three year old preschool class the merits of worms for spring. Eureka! Worms! I went to a bait shop and got many little guys and added them to all garden areas. They worked their 'underground magic' and the following spring, my soil was so soft, that a bulb planter could easily be inserted into my soil!

Mother Nature knows what she is doing. We just need to listen more. Happy gardening!

Source: My own adventures.

By Laurie from Chicago

Laurie, you done good!

Improving Garden Soil
Improving Garden Soil
Better Living Green Living GardeningFebruary 1, 2010
Worm in the Lawn
Getting Rid of Worms in the Lawn
A dog sitting on the grass scratching at fleas.
Using Diatomaceous for Earth Fleas
Earthworms In Garden
Earthworms In Your Garden
Treating the Soil After Tomato Blight
Treating Soil After Tomato Blight
🎄
🍂